Herald: "Admiral Says Thank You"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Dec 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

The 2 1/2 next to him looks really happy.

2. All four of em look like they should be selling the Big Issue! Scranbags the lot of em..............................

3. Never realised that admirals had No 8's

4. Eh?....................

What, tricorns and stuff? Eye patches?

Odd comment from someone I can only assume never served. Or did so with their eyes closed.

5. Can't recall ever seeing an admiral in No 8's either. But then I only did 22 years so probably didn't see too many.
    Can only ever recall seeing them stood on a podium taking a salute, usually in 1's.

6. I've seen a few now including 1SL wearing them

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hmmn, sounds like a caption comp opportunity.

Who's first?

4423677.jpg

"So Commander, how's the chalfonts today?"

8. It's encouraging to see our top Admiral instantly recogniseable as Navy. One of his predecessors insisted on wearing combats and looking more like a squaddie whenever he was out and about, even on board ships and submarines.

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Fair one, but Royal Machines look a bit like squaddies, or vice versa, also. Causes no end of confusion. :???:

• Like Like x 1
  10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

"I caught this ship building budget, it was like, this big....."

11. Yes, but I don't expect to see the Commandant General Royal Marines wearing RN 8s (now No.4 dress).

Booties are, after all, 'sea soldiers'. However, even in combats they are smart enough (in all senses) to stand out from pongos, especially when wearing their green lids. :)

12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It's not uncommon for RN to wear DPM/MTP on a daily basis, regardless of their rank or branch, according to their theatre of operation (including here in the UK). But I imagine it would be a bit reckless to be wandering around Bastion and the FOBs in No. 4s, wouldn't it..? :shock: :wink: