Her Majesty's Royal Naval Service Eligibility & Guidance Notes

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ninja_Stoker, May 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The link below is a down-loadable file given to all applicants wishing to join the RN & RM at all levels.

Of particular interest to some, on pages 4 & 5 are the basic medical criteria. The conditions listed make a person permanently unsuitable, except where specifically time limited, for entry into the Naval Service.

Please note that Careers Advisers and their office staff are not medically qualified and that all final decisions regarding medical suitability for entry are only made by appropriately appointed medical staff - in other words, only the Doctor can determine medical suitability.

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/linkedfiles/careers/upload/pdf/eligibility_v1_20100730103322.pdf

2. Finally five years have past and my conviction is now spent, which means i am now eligiable to join. Was hopeing you may be able to help me with some waiting times iv got a funny feeling i will have another five year wait. The career im 99% sure on is NA (AH) but NA (SE) and SEA SPEC are also of interest.

3. Why do you think you have a further five years to wait?

4. because of the ever growing waiting lists?

AET 9 months - 3 years. Ill shit a brick if they shrink.