Her Birthday

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by fly_past, Feb 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK. I was going to book a small gathering for her indors' 40th birthday - but our parents dislike each other so i binned that.
    I booked a getaway for us 2 for 2 nights 3 days - at a small hotel in Bucks in UK, with a spa and (am still trying) booked a female masseur for her. Last night she was cross with me (my fault) and she said she'd have preferred what I had thought of first. She doesnt want to be away from our 2 sons (13 +17)- we never have been !
    Now do I go ahead and cancel the hotel (what reason can i give them so i dont get a deposit taken off my credit card?) and try and book the meal thingy again or what?

Ideas (no baseball bats req'd) please.

Sanity slipping here!
  2. Well depends on how long till the trip away.. if you have got plenty of time then i see no reason for them to take any money off your card.

You could always fib and plead ill health and cancel that way .
    be sneaky... get your card canceled then they cant take money off it. (esy to get new card)
    Aa this was to be a surprise for your wifes birthday, forget trying to please her you wont,, just do something from your heart THAT is the best gift you can give.
    Some Mums like to involve the kids in family " doo's " maybe your mistake was not including them .

i so totaly understand your dilema... i would sooner spend the day in a morg than place all sides of my family in the same place at one time as it would soon degrade into a pissing contest, for this very reason i have already banned any "40 th" fun for me

( please remember that this is only my small and worthless opinion, and not ment to offend in any way )+ ( so going to add that to my sig!)
  3. you could see if the hotel will accept it for another weekend - so your OH can spend time with the people she loves most on her birthday (strange I agree JC) or take your girlfriend instead - :whew:
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Cheap flowers from the motorway layby and some car mats from the local Shell garage... works every time! :wink:
  5. Please investigate my absense. I may be found under the patio slabs!
  6. bless.. im sure you will produce magnificent flowers next spring !!!
  7. That assumes I will not be fed to a wood chipper sooner - EEK , i feel a wayne Bobbett coming on if I foul up...... Taxi! The airport and step on it!
  8. you can run BUT you cant hide....... :muhaha: :twisted:
  9. I can cry like a baby though when cornered!
  10. To be honest, I think she's acting selfishly. The fact that she has chucked it back into your face would be reason enough for me to say bollocks to it and not do anything for her birthday. Let her parents take her out or invite her round theirs.

I hope this helps :)
  11. subtle as an air raid :thumright: :thumright:
  12. Do you think she'd be peeved if I did as suggested?
  13. """" Do you think she'd be peeved if I did as suggested? """"""

Go for it......... why not .us girls like to moan ( dont tell any one that i admited that ) BUT we do take notice when some one does something nice for us and im sure she will see that you have done this from the heart..

its poss you know that she could be worried about what the family say, tell her you will sort out any family member that complains. then she can rest and enjoy your planed trip.
  14. Sounds like you're fucked either way so just flip a coin.
  15. The weekend away was not what she thought of and being away from the kids is scary, but in reality she will almost certainly enjoy it if she trusts the babysitters. The apron strings need to be cut little by little and now is a good start point. My gut reaction is to go for plan A, but there is a chance that if it does go tits up that the patio slabs will beckon. You know her and the babysitters, youre call.
  16. sgtpepperband

Fly_Past: Just tell her you've ben nobbled for Duty Weekend and can't make it anyway... "your country needs you!"

:wink: :lol:
  17. Im sorry, but Harry speaks much wisdom here. Ungrateful cow. You try to plan a dirty weekend away for the both of you and this is how she reacts..... :dwarf:

Seriously though, you know your sons, remember what you were like at 13/17, they cant wait for you to bugger off for a weekend. Just remember to threaten the older one with appropriate pain if he has a house party like that little shite in Australia.

Good luck, and try to hide the kitchen knives before you decide....
  18. The weekend away sounds good, she may have just said she wanted the family thing to P* you off in the arguement...but would probably enjoy the hotel etc more than she realises at this point.

If you want to keep all this a surprise than, just flip a coin and do it...

but if not..(dont tell anyone but women tend to like being in control) suggest that either can be arranged for her , what would she prefer...(and whilst doing this make the hotel sound great to avoid the family feuding) then it was her choice and if she doesnt enjoy herself either way then it was her fault! :whew:

They cant take a deposit off your card if you cancel in time, as someone has mentioned already, just say family crisis or ill health :violent1: and they will most prob let you off!

hope that helps????
  19. sgtpepperband

You knows it... :wink:

20. Women are so fickle,damned if you do and damned if you dont.
    Cancel the weekend and lash your mates up instead,at least they will appreciate it.