helpmyself and what i can bring

hi-
have an interview tomoro and give a presentation on "myself and what i can bring to *******( and the royal navy- any ideas how i can waffle- do i go humour, or serious sell myself- not literally......

Mixture of both i'd say - play the crowd, see how it goes and adjust to suit if possible.

Whatever its for hussy, good luck and relax ;)

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
brazenhussy said:
hi-
have an interview tomoro and give a presentation on "myself and what i can bring to *******( and the royal navy- any ideas how i can waffle- do i go humour, or serious sell myself- not literally......
Quite simply, the question of "what can you bring to *****" needs answering in two parts; part 1, what are the current needs of *****, and part 2, how can you address these needs. You could then use this basic structure to answer either seriously or with a degree of humour (or even both!).

e.g. What do I bring to the party? Based on an objective analysis of the stock levels in the kitchen, its obvious that the party is running short of booze, and I happen to have here in my bag a bottle of Pusser's finest....

What can I offer the Canadian Safety Engineering community? The current position of safety section head has been vacant for nearly 18 months; during this time there have been numerous efforts to fill this position with people recruited from within AECL's existing staff and the wider Canadian Labour force - these efforts have not been fruitful. I am an engineer with over 20 years post-graduate experience in a variety of consultancy, management and design roles...... blah, blah, blah.

Simply, state what you understand the question to be, and then answer it in a way the demonstrates your strengths.

Good luck

Beginning, Middle and End is always good...a bit like a story.

Tell em, tell em and tell em again - what's that?

At the beginning of the presentation Tell them what the presentation is about, then tell them (deliver the presentation) and tell them again at the end in a summary...ie I'm going to explain my view on rum ration...rum ration is brill, i can drip all i like and no one cares, I can keep in touch with, etc, etc...so to summarise rum ration is great.

Always be prepared to identify a weakness - everyone knows you will tell them all about the good things. Dont offer it up unless they ask but if the question arises at least you have considered it - but then how have, or will, you address the weakness/developmental area.

It's always good to be able to provide examples, for example in my current role I have.... my line manager has praised me for... I have received positive feedback on... etc,etc

Hope this helps - I'm a trainer and do recruit assessing/interviewing in normal my job so used to dealing with issues such as this.

Good luck

Windy

Latest Threads