helpmyself and what i can bring

hi-
have an interview tomoro and give a presentation on "myself and what i can bring to *******( and the royal navy- any ideas how i can waffle- do i go humour, or serious sell myself- not literally......

Mixture of both i'd say - play the crowd, see how it goes and adjust to suit if possible.

Whatever its for hussy, good luck and relax ;)

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
brazenhussy said:
hi-
have an interview tomoro and give a presentation on "myself and what i can bring to *******( and the royal navy- any ideas how i can waffle- do i go humour, or serious sell myself- not literally......
Quite simply, the question of "what can you bring to *****" needs answering in two parts; part 1, what are the current needs of *****, and part 2, how can you address these needs. You could then use this basic structure to answer either seriously or with a degree of humour (or even both!).

e.g. What do I bring to the party? Based on an objective analysis of the stock levels in the kitchen, its obvious that the party is running short of booze, and I happen to have here in my bag a bottle of Pusser's finest....

What can I offer the Canadian Safety Engineering community? The current position of safety section head has been vacant for nearly 18 months; during this time there have been numerous efforts to fill this position with people recruited from within AECL's existing staff and the wider Canadian Labour force - these efforts have not been fruitful. I am an engineer with over 20 years post-graduate experience in a variety of consultancy, management and design roles...... blah, blah, blah.

Simply, state what you understand the question to be, and then answer it in a way the demonstrates your strengths.

Good luck

Beginning, Middle and End is always good...a bit like a story.

Tell em, tell em and tell em again - what's that?

At the beginning of the presentation Tell them what the presentation is about, then tell them (deliver the presentation) and tell them again at the end in a summary...ie I'm going to explain my view on rum ration...rum ration is brill, i can drip all i like and no one cares, I can keep in touch with, etc, etc...so to summarise rum ration is great.

Always be prepared to identify a weakness - everyone knows you will tell them all about the good things. Dont offer it up unless they ask but if the question arises at least you have considered it - but then how have, or will, you address the weakness/developmental area.

It's always good to be able to provide examples, for example in my current role I have.... my line manager has praised me for... I have received positive feedback on... etc,etc

Hope this helps - I'm a trainer and do recruit assessing/interviewing in normal my job so used to dealing with issues such as this.

Good luck

Windy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Exports bring home the bacon for UK family farm MoD News 0
C What can I and can't i bring Joining the Royal Navy 18
MoD_RSS £15 million boost to bring better rail journeys to the North East MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK designing new rover to bring first samples back from Mars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Primary schools to be given flexibility to bring back more pupils MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GREAT partners competition to bring ‘Magic of Live Events’ online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK deals will bring millions more PPE items to frontline healthcare staff MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government to bring home more British travellers from Central and South America MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New flight from Jamaica to bring home British travellers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Three further flights to bring hundreds of British travellers home from Bangladesh MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces more flights to bring stranded Brits home from India MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces 5 more flights from Bangladesh to bring home over a thousand Brits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First charter flight departed from Bangladesh to bring British travellers home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK set to bring home hundreds more British travellers from across the Philippines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces first charter flights from India to bring British nationals home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Office steps up plans to bring home Britons stranded overseas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The NDA will bring its transport and logistics expertise together MoD News 0
soleil Press & Journal: "North-East MP Calls For Navy To Bring Back Uni Reserves To Aberdeen" SCC and URNU 4
MoD_RSS Government pledges £500 million to bring back historic rail lines, improving connectivity for communities across the country MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inclusive government action needed to bring stability to Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Science superstars and small businesses could bring the next big innovations to market with £100 million boost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister pledges to bring shipbuilding back to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister announces plans to bring forward new bold and ambitious legislative agenda MoD News 0
U First deployment coming up soon, what should I bring? RFA 12
E What to bring to the interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MorganCUFC Recruitment Test, what to bring? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MoD_RSS News story: Public urged not to bring plant pests and disease into the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Help bring Stiperstones National Nature Reserve back to purple MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Afghan interpreters to be able to bring their family to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: We must bring an end to the diagnostic odyssey of rare diseases MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Nearly £10 million cash boost to bring hundreds of homes to Festival Gardens MoD News 0
U Question about paperwork to bring to Raleigh RFA 6
MoD_RSS Press release: Defence sector supply chain to bring new opportunities for Welsh businesses MoD News 0
P 'Top Gun' Royal Navy pilot who took on Taliban while fyling upside down still waiting to bring Ameri The Fleet Air Arm 24
MoD_RSS News story: Innovation Initiative to bring future-tech and ideas to the Armed Forces MoD News 0
S What to bring..? RFA 76
B FS (functional skills tests for techs) - will the RN bring these in? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
H Forms to bring for recruting test (102 and 493)? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS News story: Northern Powerhouse companies bring innovation to Defence industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New contracts bring £1bn savings over 10 years to Defence MoD News 0
RSPE With the kind permission of site admin (Bad Co) - It's a pleasure to bring you this event..... The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
RSPE With the kind permission of site admin (Bad Co) - It's a pleasure to bring you this event..... The Gash Barge 0
RSPE With the kind permission of site admin (Bad Co) - It's a pleasure to bring you this event..... Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
RSPE With the kind permission of site admin (Bad Co) - It's a pleasure to bring you this event..... Competitions 0
SONAR-BENDER What did Santa bring you? Diamond Lil's 48
soleil Falkirk Herald: "Sub Tour Helps Bring Memories To Surface For Grangemouth Man" Submariners 0
B Am I alone in my thoughts.......bring back the SSK....cut the costs!! Submariners 50
G 'Gunfire echoed through hull of our sub for 7 weeks as we helped bring down Gaddafi' Current Affairs 9
scouse Might bring back some memories for the Sundodgers Submariners 2
soleil BBC: "Fishermen Attacked By French Say 'Bring In The Navy'" Current Affairs 7