Help! :(

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SophiLouBar, May 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im planned to go Raleigh a week today and I lost my passport last night! It doesnt look like its going to turn up and I dont know what to do!? Will they still accept me if I have a new one on the way?? Could cry! :(
  2. Yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  3. Yeah you can for like £140 an my nearest office is Liverpool, I live in Stoke so its not exactly round the corner would mean taking a day out of already busy week but if its my only option I will do that...
  4. They wont do same day for lost passports, only if its a straight forward one.
  5. How did you come to lose it, SLB?
  6. Just about to ask that. Odd thing to happen unless of course one is abroad.
  7. It was my form of ID last night on my leaving do, I didnt even need it in the end so didnt touch it which annoys me more. An I only went from one place to another so surely it cannot be far!? Arghhhh!
  8. Have you rung around the places you went to and the Police Station to ask whether it has been handed in?

Did you have it in a pocket or something and it just slipped out?

By the way, it looks as if the fastest way to get a replacement passport form submitted is to get your form from a Post Office which offers the Passport Check and Send Service:

Branch finder

You will need someone to countersign your pic.
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  9. Iv rang the two pubs and the taxi company, an surrounding pubs. The local police stations are really handy and closed till Tuesday but iv got a few numbers try (lets all go rob the bank an take advantage!) It was in my handbag which is another mystery as to where its gone.
  10. Last time I was in Raleigh (from Fisgard across the road) it was in Cornwall. Does one need a passport now to coss the Tamar?
  11. OK, in the cold light of sobriety these might sound like stupid questions, but check anyway
    1. Are you sure you are checking the right handbag, ie did you put it in one then changed your mind and took a different one
    2. If you are sure you are checking the right bag, is anything else missing - possible theft
    3. How drunk were you, could you have taken the PP out of your bag when you got home to put it somewhere safe and forgot about it

It might also be an idea to retrace your steps, check down the back of seats in the pubs you were in etc
  12. Apply for a new one straight away. You can do it on-line and they even send you the form with your details printed on it. As long as you can prove that you have done this you will be alright to turn up without a passport.
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

With any luck your AFCO may have taken a photocopy of your passport which can be used as proof you do have a valid one, albeit flushed down the lavvy whilst out on the lash.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Im not your usual girl I dont own any handbags this was one id borrowed and it certainly wasnt there, the only thing I can think of is if its fell out as I got my money out, keys phone everything else there. Goin to ring my afco, he will love this! Cant wait for me go as he's sick of all my paperwork etc ha!
  15. Morning,As Drakey said, Just get your new one ordered and get proof that you have ordered it. Post office receipt etc and you will be fine. Taking the photocopied version the AFCO have will also help in both entry into the navy and getting your replacement passport issued.Good luck and don't worry about it, these sort of things happen.SM
  16. Not to worry- if you're fit then one of the PTIs will have knocked you up by week 9 and you won't need to travel anywhere.
  17. You don't have to be fit to be knocked up by a PTI!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Haha good morning to you two chaps too!!
  19. Not a "usual girl", have you got certain "bits" that ladies normally don't have outside of Thailand?