Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gazza82, Oct 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello
    I have a complicated situation.
    Because I'm dual national (British/German) my AFCO told me to get a letter from the german Embassy to say that I don't have to do national service. I know that I wont because the german law states that when you have reached the age of 25 they cant make you go to national service anymore.
    Tho the embassy told me to write to the german Bundeswehr which I did 3x and have had no reply off them since, I have even phoned twice.
    Now I have completed my PJFT I'm worried that it will hold back my start date for ralleigh.
    Will I have to wait longer in this case or will they still let me join without delays?
    My AFCO didn't mention anything about it anymore after I passed my PJFT. All what was said is that I would recieve a letter with my joining date.

Please help :(
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Oh, go on then, since it's you...

Chill back fella, If you're not liable for National Service, you're not liable for national service. The simple issue is prove it.

If having had a chat and written to the German consulate or Embassy several times & received no reply, then consider why not. Perhaps you are.

Simple answer?

Arrange an appointment, go to see them in person, resolve the issue. An easy way to resolve the issue is to write the required letter yourself proclaiming that you, "Gazza82" are not liable for military service, signed by "A member of the German Embassy in UK", together with an official stamp from the embassy. Keep the original & give the AFCO a certified copy.

3. the problem is the embassy said they couldn't do it.
    It apparently has to come from the Kreiswehr ersatzamt in germany the main offices for the bundeswehr.
    And that would be more than a little trip ^_^;
  4. Ninja_Stoker

The logical conclusion is to rescind your dual identity & assume full British.

The Boss of the Navy did something similar, apparently.
  5. Good Idea.
    Just how do I go about it?
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

1. Subscribe to the Daily Wail/Torygraph
    2. Move to Spain

:twisted: :lol:
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Speak to the passport office on Monday, my good chap.

Good luck.
  8. thanks NS :) :thanks: :thumright: