Help!

Shipwrek

Midshipman
Sorry to bother you everyone but I'm really confused. I'm trying to find the current location of all the RFA ships. The RN website tells you one thing and vessel tracker website says another thing and Wikipedia say something else. I spoke to my recruitment officer who said use the vessel tracker, but I can't find all the ships on them. I have my interview on Monday and I'm starting to panic now. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be really grateful. Thanks

Random

Lantern Swinger
The AIS beacons are often out of range (or even turned off while on operations), however as the recruitment officer said its the best way to find the ships (or at least where they were). Also look at each ship's twitter account as they normally mentioned roughly where they are in the world.

Which ships cant you find?

<edit>
If you need links to the AIS beacons or the ship's twitter accounts, try my post from last year: https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/joining-the-rfa.187396/#post-1484072
</edit>

Shipwrek

Midshipman
The AIS beacons are often out of range (or even turned off while on operations), however as the recruitment officer said its the best way to find the ships (or at least where they were). Also look at each ship's twitter account as they normally mentioned roughly where they are in the world.

Which ships cant you find?
Thank you for your help. I will try twitter. It was more confusion than anything as each website said different things. I shall try again. Thank s

Union Jack

Lantern Swinger
At the risk of being the odd man out - and sounding more "critical" than "helpful"! - you might like to consider a more specific thread title than plain old "Help" when looking for any further assistance. Your cunning choice of moniker tells me that you will understand, especially when you do a search and discover that there are masses of threads simplistically entitled "Help"....

Wishing you well for tomorrow and keep us posted.

Jack

Shipwrek

Midshipman
At the risk of being the odd man out - and sounding more "critical" than "helpful"! - you might like to consider a more specific thread title than plain old "Help" when looking for any further assistance. Your cunning choice of moniker tells me that you will understand, especially when you do a search and discover that there are masses of threads simplistically entitled "Help"....

Wishing you well for tomorrow and keep us posted.

Jack
Hello Jack, you are quite right about my heading. It would've been more productive if I'd been specific, as it would have saved everyone looking at my post rather than just those who could help. I'm feeling really good about tomorrow now. I'll keep you informed. Thank you.

Latest Threads