Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Medical and thoughts

J1994

Hello,
I have recently completed the Psychometric Tests and I am now in the process of completing a medical questionnaire as well as preparing for the interview.
I am going in as a rating hopefully but have noticed that the questionnaire talks about people diagnosed with low mood may be unsuitable. This has got me worried due to having had a 'diagnosis' of low mood back in November 2015 which was caused by a relationship that ended not long after, however after speaking with the GP we both agreed it was a light diagnosis and although given tablets I didn't use them. Will this affect my medical or can I present this towards them?
Any help on this would be brilliant thank you.

photface

Lantern Swinger
I believe you have to be 2 years clear of anti depressants so in November 17 you would be safe. Look at JSP 950 to see the criteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photface

Lantern Swinger
I think it would be a very good idea to not only get a full copy of all of your GP notes (costs about £18) and a letter from the GP explaining exactly what the low mood was, the reasons and if you actually took the antidepressants (if you take the unopened pill packet into the GP they may be able to say you didn't take any)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Medical complex issue - help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
R Naval Medical Appeal HELP! Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS Press release: More than 380,000 people in Gaza will receive live-saving medical treatment with help from UK aid MoD News 0
H im not sure if there is any point of appling because of medical HELP PLZ! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
D Medical help Joining the Royal Navy 2
T Help for a medical appeal Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
sj25105815 Failed medical - Appeal outline help please. Joining the Royal Navy 4
T5igger Help with medical (sorry!) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
C Medical help please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Muscle imbalance medical help Health & Fitness 4
L Unique Medical issue HELP Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
R Help needed medical deferral or fail? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
C Medical Branch help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S Medical help!! Health & Fitness 8
J Medical Help Health & Fitness 2
S Medical Test-Can someone please help? Health & Fitness 4
B Medical Officer Cadetship Forms! HELP! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
C Medical assistant (SM) Interview in a few weeks, help needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
T Need Help on the medical! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M NEWBIE MEDICAL HELP - DENTAL!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
D medical help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S Medical Assistant - All arms commando course - Help? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
C Aircrew Medical help... The Fleet Air Arm 13
Rum-dooer Help!............yet more medical worries Health & Fitness 14
MoD_RSS Fund extended to help level-up every corner of United Kingdom MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Help for businesses seeking to develop diagnostic tests for TB in cattle MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Space Bridge’ across the world will help UK and Australia get ahead in global space race MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More help for Self Assessment taxpayers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New technology to help identify those at high risk from COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK’s support to global vaccine facility Covax will help Pakistan’s COVID-19 vaccination programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out new plans to help build trust in use of digital identities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Top local entrepreneurs help plan boost to Midlands' economy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £40 million government funding to help polluting businesses clean up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK funds to help communities in Peten to tackle COVID-19 impact MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Digital job surgeries launched to help 160,000 Brits get back into work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extra £40m to help victims during pandemic and beyond MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces humanitarian aid for Balochistan to help recovery from COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New standard tenancy agreement to help renters with well behaved pets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England funds study to help £2.5m rivers scheme become a reality MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Normalisation should help deliver Israeli-Palestinian peace MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation to help ensure fair treatment for armed forces MoD News 0
slim An Urgent Appeal to help Smudge Diamond Lil's 0
MoD_RSS Unique partnership will help better prepare prisoners for release MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Winners announced of £7.6 million fund to help give babies the best start in life MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secure video calls help all prisoners maintain essential family ties during pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Planning Inspectorate is improving the application process for Nationally Significant Infrastructure and Common Land Projects. Help us get things MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Domestic abuse: open letter to employers on how to help workers find the right support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Self Assessment customers use online tax payment plans to help spread the cost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Record number of Armed Forces personnel help with Covid response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government proposals to help more people in problem debt MoD News 0