Help! Who knows what this book is called

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by chieftiff, Nov 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

My wife is trying to get hold of a book, the problem is she knows neither its name or author which makes tracking it down a little tricky!

The book is about 3 girls who join the WRNS in WWII and the story is set in Scotland..................... any ideas? Don't let your imaginations run riot by the way :dwarf:

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

If you get really stuck Chieffy I'm sure NZB and I could knock out a few chapters for you......... :w00t:

3. Elizabeth Elgin

"All the sweet promises"

You can get it on Amazon

Hope thats the right one ?

4. chieftiff

Brilliant, thanks for that Lorraine and thanks Sarah for the link. Mrs Chieftiff says thanks.

Blobs I think you and NZB could knock up a cracking version, more than happy for that although I don't think Mrs Chieftiff will be reading it :thumright:

5. $109.95, free shipping, I should bloody well hope so. Thats £53 of your English pounds!

Same book loads cheaper!

6. chieftiff

Found it for a penny here Amazon :w00t:

7. I got the Cruel Sea for £0.01p + £2.75 P&P. It was in mint condition.

8. Oh god no, Norks just about stretched my literary talents to the max.
    NZB

9. Once upon a time when the bombs fell on London and matelots wore cap tallies bare except for the letters HMS, three gorgeous young Wrens turned up at HMS Blair, the secret base where disinformation was fed to a gullible enemy (OK then, the British public) and as they walked towards the iron gates, the eldest, 22 year old Dolly Byrd, rolled up her.......

10. Just 30 pages missing :rendeer: