HELP vitalograph

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by gbaxter24, Feb 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. passed out from raleigh 10 months ago moved to faslane hoping to be submariner passed all tests now but vitalograph keep getting borderline or just below sett been cancelled AGAIN any advice????
  2. Blow harder and when you run out, keep blowing. Don't smoke. Dont drink Guinness the night before or you stand the risk of shi@@ing yerself.
    geoff(ers) :nemo:
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Quality advice! [​IMG]
  4. thanks got another one in two weeks so fingers crossed will try your advice don't like guiness so should be ok there!!!! someone on base suggests lungs may be too large ever heard of this?
  5. Buy yourself a powerbreathe device and train your lungs, even better get the sickbay to cough up the money for one.(suse the pun)
  6. PM on its way...
  7. Or you could drop me some cash and i'll get my hubby to pass ya, hehehehehehe.
  8. Used to blow the old mechanical vitalagraph of the scale capacity wise but could never get better than 82% in the 1st second, 90% pass?

Got 130% on lung capacity,of average for hight/weight? on the new electronic vitalagraph. Had already passed my part 3 when the vitalagraph was introduced so all I had to do was sign the medical disclaimer
  9. cheers copenhagencup went seen doc got powerbreath device without having to cough up!!!!!! now just practice,practice and hope for the best will let you know cheers again
  10. I'm not a doc, nor an expert on these things, but I'm sure that one breath out will measure the volume of your lungs and then the vitalagraph measures how quick you can empty them. Try practising blowing down a kitchen roll tube.
    geoff(ers) :nemo:
  11. I have heard of this before, a lad who was very fit, and blessed with larger than usual lungs, and was shitcanned purely because he couldn't empty them quickly enough. You appear to have the answer to this problem now with the gizmo you've got hold of, so good luck!
  12. cheers everyone for advice! just feeling bit gutted but shit happens,will keep using device and hopefully get good result in two weeks will keep you posted cheers
  13. Have you read your PM's yet?
  14. got me there polto not sure what pm is!!!!!!!! HELP?
  15. It's Private Messages, click on my acount in your bar above, you should find your message in there. :thumright:
  16. CHEERS!!! so stressed out bout this test thought it was something i was missing on that
  17. polto i'm a newbie to forums read pm tried to reply don't know if you received it, but your advice very helpful cheers for that, got another breathing test next week will keep you posted