Help Tracing a Submariner

I have been tasked to try and find an ex-colleague of an elderly gentleman. He has minimal information and would be grateful for any advice and pointers on resources and sources to trace someone.

Thanks in advance.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hi Auntie Mags and welcome to the site.
If you put up all of the details that you have of both parties, ie. Names, rank or rate, Boats served on, dates of service or an idea of where and when they served together (assuming they were both in the RN) people would be in a better position to give advice. Good luck.

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
It might sound simplistic, but there are various Facebook groups for ex-Navy, ex-Submariners, ex-insert ship/sub name, Shipmates Reunited etc etc. Might seem like a long shot, but definitely a good place to start.

There's no bloody escape.... Sorry, I mean it's a great way of tracing old oppos :D

I have minimal information. I am looking to find a retired submariner called David. He retired around 2000/2001 when he went to work at Faslane for Serco, aged 52, living in Helensburgh with his wife.

He was, perhaps, an assessor and worked alongside a surveyor called Julie Pignatelli.

A long shot, I know.

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
"A surveyor called Julie Pignatelli"

Long shot???
Have you Googled that name and, looked her up on LinkedIn / Facebook?

Hardly difficult.

It might sound simplistic, but there are various Facebook groups for ex-Navy, ex-Submariners, ex-insert ship/sub name, Shipmates Reunited etc etc. Might seem like a long shot, but definitely a good place to start.

There's no bloody escape.... Sorry, I mean it's a great way of tracing old oppos :D
I am waiting to be added to groups, maybe they don't come up for air very often