Help Tracing a Submariner

I have been tasked to try and find an ex-colleague of an elderly gentleman. He has minimal information and would be grateful for any advice and pointers on resources and sources to trace someone.

Thanks in advance.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hi Auntie Mags and welcome to the site.
If you put up all of the details that you have of both parties, ie. Names, rank or rate, Boats served on, dates of service or an idea of where and when they served together (assuming they were both in the RN) people would be in a better position to give advice. Good luck.

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
It might sound simplistic, but there are various Facebook groups for ex-Navy, ex-Submariners, ex-insert ship/sub name, Shipmates Reunited etc etc. Might seem like a long shot, but definitely a good place to start.

There's no bloody escape.... Sorry, I mean it's a great way of tracing old oppos :D

I have minimal information. I am looking to find a retired submariner called David. He retired around 2000/2001 when he went to work at Faslane for Serco, aged 52, living in Helensburgh with his wife.

He was, perhaps, an assessor and worked alongside a surveyor called Julie Pignatelli.

A long shot, I know.

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
"A surveyor called Julie Pignatelli"

Long shot???
Have you Googled that name and, looked her up on LinkedIn / Facebook?

Hardly difficult.

It might sound simplistic, but there are various Facebook groups for ex-Navy, ex-Submariners, ex-insert ship/sub name, Shipmates Reunited etc etc. Might seem like a long shot, but definitely a good place to start.

There's no bloody escape.... Sorry, I mean it's a great way of tracing old oppos :D
I am waiting to be added to groups, maybe they don't come up for air very often

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Tracing ships visits - Help needed The Fleet 3
MoD_RSS Press release: Appeal for help in tracing Keighley river pollution MoD News 0
L Seeking help to tracing my Father in Law Social & Reunions 5
soleil Droitwich Police appeal for help in tracing missing ex-Booty The Corps 0
S Tracing my Grandfather = photo - help Submariners 3
MoD_RSS Training fund launched to help vets prepare for 1 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New recruitment drive to help 10,000 people with serious mental illness MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New leaflet launched to help communities prepare for flooding MoD News 0
soleil BBC R4: Wed, 23rd September 2020 - 3 PM - Money Box Live - Armed Forces Financial Help Finance & Pensions 2
MoD_RSS Government launches cross-sector Working Group to help address multiple small pension pots MoD News 0
R I need help sorting my late fathers 6 off 1939-45 medals & 2 off Mention in Dispatches Certificates. History 12
MoD_RSS Hundreds step up to help smaller employers Kickstart Britain’s recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Information Campaign to Help Brits Prepare for EU Travel Changes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New plan to help protect care homes from coronavirus over winter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New funding to help hospitals introduce digital prescribing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for help to solve our data challenges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How the UK Internal Market Bill will help to boost the Scottish economy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to help pension schemes seize long-term opportunities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New flood warnings for Upton-upon-Severn to help communities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil/crime news: launch of ‘help us say yes’ online training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Assessing the global ceasefire to help fight COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government investment to help build robots for nuclear plants and batteries for electric aeroplanes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding boost to help healthcare suppliers improve cyber security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £30 million boost to help unlock land for new homes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New voluntary calorie guidelines to help industry tackle obesity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New framework contractors appointed to help stop mine water pollution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Flower power to help car journeys this bank holiday MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ministers call on councils to help deliver digital connectivity ambitions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 64 million meals claimed for as Eat Out to Help Out enters fourth week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Veterans UK looking for new ways to help ease the pressure on the National Health Service and continue processing claims safely MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Early years support package to help close Covid language gap MoD News 0
S Need help RFA 4
MoD_RSS More than half a billion pounds to help people return home from hospital MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British experts help Mauritius protect coral reefs from oil spill MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Legally binding targets to help “build back greener” MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New help on offer for disabled people working from home during the pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Britain eats out to help out – over 35 million meals claimed in first two weeks MoD News 0
Skylarker Vaccination help RFA 18
MoD_RSS £1.2m innovation contracts awarded to help Army engineers survey water crossings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Eight reasons to Shop Local this week to help the high street bounce back MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FUNDING BOOST TO HELP COMMUNITIES PLAN THEIR NEIGHBOURHOODS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New funding to double nursing apprentices and help deliver 50,000 more nurses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus support measures help 65,000 businesses in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus support measures help every region and nation in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Whitehaven youngster calls for help protect our environment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Eat Out to Help Out launches today – with government paying half on restaurant bills MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Help to Buy scheme extended MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Eat Out to Help Out – look for the logo MoD News 1
MoD_RSS UK scientists help NASA answers the questions, 'was there life on Mars?' MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Regulator urges donors to support registered charities to help those affected by Covid-19 around the world MoD News 0