Help - tom wilkinson - hms ark royal

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Nick Stanton, Oct 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello anyone who may be able to help.
    I'm trying to contact Tom Wilkinson re his sister Ivy. Tom is an uncle to me who I've never met (well I don't think so!)
    The news isn't very good, and most sad is that I am not sure whether Tom is still alive although I believe he is.
    My mum never fails to tell me about him but that they haven't spoken for many many years.
    I can supply my mobile no. below and trust that any contact will be TOTALLY genuine at this point.
    Thank you
    nick Stanton

​Mod edit: Contact number removed, objective achieved.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
  2. Seem to think that his name has come up recently,I'm sure that one or more of the Handlers on here may well be able to help.

3. Tom was an advisor for the BBC so perhaps if you contacted them they may be able to assist.
    Failing that he was a regulator so the Regulators Branch may help.
    However I reckon the best bet is SgtP when he finishes his beat he will blow his whistle and assist8)

For Info your Uncle was a nice guy (for a crusher) very fair but firm and well respected.

4. Posted on ROMFT for you Nick, few ex crushers over there might be able to help

5. Nick I have passed your phone number on to Uncle Tom, he will be giving you a call.

6. Sorted and great to know that Uncle Tom is still with us=-)=-)=-)

7. Thank you everyone

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH. Couldn't really believe how quickly this was effective, and yes I actually spoke to MY!! Uncle Tom late last night. Not sure what a 'Crusher'!! is, that is quoted in some of the comments but no doubt I'll be enlightened by someone!! Best regards to all - it's obviously a great close community 'the Navy'..... Thanks
    Nick

• Like Like x 3
  8. Thank you very much.

9. Crusher is a Naval Regulator aka Naval policeman, also called ratcatchers, fashion police and many other terms of endearment ;)

10. Nick, I would remove your number or disguise it from your post (eg spell numbers twothree etc), nothing to do with people on the site, but junk texters and spammers harvest numbers from the web at large.

• Like Like x 2
  11. On the off chance he doesn't come back, maybe a slight MOD edit might be in order....?

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Good idea.

13. Regarding my previous posts about Tom, I only knew him when we were both Civvies . A nice enough chap but as stated before I saw no wings or halo.