Help required.

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by WreckerL, Jul 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Received this at work today if anyone can assist. ""A funeral shout-out, folks. I'm officiating at the funeral of Chief Submariner Vic (Rodney) Sylvester. He has hardly any family at all, and he has outlived most, if not all, of his shipmates. His service will therefore, without our input, be very low-keyThe service will take place at Fareham Cemetery, Wickham Road, Fareham, Hants. at 1430 on Tuesday 16th July 2013.If you are within the Fareham, Gosport or Pompey area please come and say goodbye to this hero. Standards are especially welcome.Further details from Stuart on 01329 608108.

2. Have passed this on to the Submariners' Lounge on Facebook, WreckerL.

3. Thanks Sol, it was seen on an RBL webpage and sent on from there. At work at the moment so I can't access Faceache.

4. Among several others the local SA branch is on the case, too.

<<...Vic had served for many years in the Royal Navy and trained at HMS Dolphin in 1968, before serving on HMS Odin and sailing to Sydney, Australia, in 1972, as an Engine Room Artificer. After six months serving in Australia, he returned to the UK and it is believed he spent the rest of his career on nuclear submarines. ..>>

Plea for mourners to attend funeral goes viral online - Defence - Portsmouth News

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I've posted it on Facebook as well

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Posted on various Facebook groups... :salut:

7. I'll be there with 4 other RBL Riders

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

8. Result, excellent news.

9. BZ to all concerned.