help required PLEASE !!!!

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by icemanb29, Jun 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys first time in here so be gentle with me.

curently going through the recruitment process and i am at the medical stage so far.

just looking for some info so here go;s with the required info:

how many classes of subs are there? i think 2

i am going for ciss any one out their in that perticular role?

any body Know what basic is like what you do etc?

any help full hints

I have passed rt test

medical 07/07/2010

any info that you can provide will be great
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Good questions & welcome to the site.

Doubtless a helpful individual or two from the great unwashed will be along to shortly give concise advice with regard subs'n'stuff.

My popcorn is at the ready :wink:
  3. My bold, why lie?

It seems that around this time last year was your first time in here :dontknow: and you were given all the answers back then
  4. The advice could be coming your way reference the use of the word "subs"; they seem a little over sensitive on that one...
  5. i am sorry i dont remember being inhere but if i have i appologise ill go and have a look
  6. FYI i got no answers to my questions so i am still lookiong for answers
  7. My 10 seconds of sensible answers. As Labrum states they're called BOATS or SUBMARINES. Subs go onto to football pitches, are advances of pay or bagette type things.

There are 2 types of boats, SSBN's (bombers) and SSN's (fleet boats/ hunter/killers or if you prefer septic speak fast attacks).

There is one class of bomber, the Vanguard class
    There are two classes of SSN, Astute and Trafalgar Class.

Now the normal answers.. there is no such branch as CISS, there's CIS and CIS(SM).

For what Raleigh's like PM the Zoidberg.

To cure your memory problems eat live goldfish.
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, my popcorn being poised awaiting the first reference with regard the first mention of bread rolls. :wink:
  9. Bugger, you posted while I was typing. Have some on me :happy1: :salute:
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Tsk, pipped at the post. :lol:
  11. I imagine that you have this:
  12. you did ...

looks like answers to me, all it would take would be for you to put yourself out a bit and search the forums for the answers that are there
  13. I should cocoa - dream on Jack :thumbleft:
  14. Ninja_Stoker

...and before a Royal or Sundodger mentions it, it is indeed true there are only two types of Marines. Sub-Marines & Royal Marines.

Oh, And Marine Engineers.

With regard whom carries which, is of course open to conjecture & mutual banter, metaphorically speaking. Boats don't usually carry ships and likewise landing craft. However, to be fair, my ship was towed out of harms' way by a landing craft whilst crippled during the Falklands conflict & a British boat or two certainly lowered the surface threat.
  15. listen mate i am not looking for arguments just looking forasistance that is fine but not looking for hastle
  16. The truth is out there ! ! ! :wink:
  17. You're a class act NS, class act...
  18. Hi guys a quick thought.

i was wondering how long it would be untill i go to raleigh if i was sucessfull in the medical and the interview, if any one that has all ready been throught the process can give me a call that would be great.

And also i would like to thank everyone that has provided me assistance so far i am reading through several bits of information it has been a great help.