Help requested ,, looking for old 'Jack' cartoons

Shipmates,,

Im a time done SM POSA in a RM unit leaving the mob soon, looking for a leaving gizzit picture to frame up and give to my OC. I remember an old 'Jack' cartoon with a Royal Marine and a Matloh in it from years ago...... can anyone help me out with a link or even a scan,,, or even a poke in the right direction ???

Cheers

I cannot find anything about "Darkie" has he fell off the radar?
I was on the Fife with 'Darkie' 66-69.....the only 3 badged O/D I'd ever met.............I beleive his army time counted towards time served. Great cartoonist...great character.

edited to add...

He was an Ordinary Seaman in rank but had 3 GCB's ..... not to be confused with a 3 badged O/D (like Jesse)

Last edited:
I was on the Fife with 'Darkie' 66-69.....the only 3 badged O/D I'd ever met.............I beleive his army time counted towards time served. Great cartoonist...great character.
Do you remember the one he did in the Albany, a fuckin great big black matelot grabbing a little ****** by the front of his collar and saying,
"You can take my tot, you can smoke my tabs, drink my beer and I might even give you a shot at my women,

But never repeat never ask me to play the fuckin white man"

Do you remember the one he did in the Albany, a fuckin great big black matelot grabbing a little ****** by the front of his collar and saying,
"You can take my tot, you can smoke my tabs, drink my beer and I might even give you a shot at my women,

But never repeat never ask me to play the fuckin white man"

:thumbleft:

The most memorable Jack cartoon for me was the one for the lad wanting to become a chef. Instructor slaps an old boot in front of him and says "If you can turn that into a steak son, you're in".

xchiefcook

Lantern Swinger
KermsI dont know if this will be of any help to you, but, there is a artists shop / art gallery type shop in stoke road in gosport (just up past sainsburys ? but before the white hart pub on the same side), i know they used to have a few of the matelot / bootie cartoons in there. hope it helps you in your search.XCC

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Do you remember the one he did in the Albany, a fuckin great big black matelot grabbing a little ****** by the front of his collar and saying, "You can take my tot, you can smoke my tabs, drink my beer and I might even give you a shot at my women, But never repeat never ask me to play the fuckin white man"
...reminds me of the old Navy toast: "I trust with my money and my life. But never my wife!" :wink:

edited to add...

.... not to be confused with a 3 badged O/D (like Jesse)
I resemble that remark except that I was a no badge O.D.Not a common or garden O.D. BUT A BIG SCREAMING O.D. What became of the cartoons decorating the bar walls of the Royal Standard?