Help please!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by uk_mostwanted, Oct 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone I had my medical and my fitness today I passed them both but I am red-green colour defective, stopping me from being an AET. But I can do marine engineering so can anyone give me any advice on this please as I have got an interview in the morning. thanks alot.

2. You will be fixing ships rather than Aircraft.

Just winding you up, I'm sure some of the hairy arsed stoker brigade will be along soon.

12:34 pm is the afternoon, you are already adrift!!!

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Short of downloading a factsheet on ET(ME) from the Royal Navy website, I'm not sure what advice you want.

A marine engineer is probably the nearest civilian equivalent to a vehicle mechanic, you can expect to work shifts (watches), get your hands dirty & initially be resonsible for the smooth running of main engines (gas turbines/diesel engines), diesel generators, electric power & distribution systems, air conditioning, refrigeration, high pressure air systems, fuel systems, hydraulics, steering gear, air compressors, firefighting & salvage equipment, sewerage systems, domestic power & lighting circuits, fault finding, defect rectification, non-destructive testing, performance monitoring...oh, & you need to be exceptionally good looking.

4. My bold that will be a first then.