Help please..

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Chippy1989, Jun 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey there I'm new to all this I've just signed up was told this is a good site for info! I've recently applied to hopefully become a warfare officer, I have passed the academic test, eye test etc, I recently had an interview but my knowledge let me down, I need to go back for another interview but I need to go in and impress this guy but I don't know where to start researching there's a lot to know!

Thanks,

Chris

2. try http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk and find out things like different types of ships who is the first sea lord what operations are the navy on at the moment also in the newbie section of this site there is a sticky section which covers the interview and what you need to know

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

3. Alright mate,
    i have my interview in a couple of weeks. Get the Royal Navy Handbook if you can,i just got it and well worth it.
    What were the maths questions like in your test?any hard algebra or fractions in it?
    cheers

4. Try the search button

5. Where can I get this handbook?? Yeah the test was quite simple no hard algebra, my main problem was actually finishing the test in the time frame given

6. I got it from the amazon web site,just type in "The Royal Navy Handbook".
    Good luck

7. Try Amazon/Google, perhaps, or a Waterstones, where I had to order mine from a couple of years ago. The book itself is somewhat out of date now, especially in terms of the number of ships that we no longer have! Cross check it with the Royal Navy website.

If you struggled to complete the RT on time, I would suggest further practice before heading to AIB where a slightly harder test is taken on the first full day. Those tests are easy points to collect.

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

9. Thanks that's a great help, just needed a bit of knowledge to take in to the interview so I can then get an AIB date.

Another thing - leadership

Whenever I get asked about explaining times you have showed leadership it always stumps me to reply with any good examples!

10. Have you done the Duke of Edinburgh's award or arranged some kind of expedition or supervised a group activity of any kind?