help please

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Danny1, Nov 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. right i have these thinsg called flesh tunnels in my ears both of them ther about 12mm in size.

im just about to have my medical, and im really worried that because of them im not going to be able to join.

i was hopeing you would be able to give me advice on it
    it was stupid of me to do it i know that now.

but i need to know is there a chance they coudl turn round and say no to me because of them

please help advice would be gd

2. Flesh tunnels what the **** are them? even tried to google it lol

3. Danni1 Please say that again, if we can understand it we may be able to help you.

4. Will they close up?

5. Do they come out?

6. they were much bigger and they are clossing up smaller its just taking time

7. i dotn wear them any more as i want them gone its just takign a while for them to go
    and they might not fully go with out help froma doctor

8. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flesh_tunnel
    Have a gander.
    Danny you're fecked for the Navy, you could try for the Royal Marines and if successful demand a posting to Zulu Company 45 Cdo they love a bit of tribal body art.

9. Feck! I thought this was a serious medical affliction - not self inflicted.

Why would anyone want to stick those in their bloody ears?

SF

10. i have my medical soon and my fittnes test but there the last things i have lleft to do

11. For the same reason they put a bolt through their dick!No ******* brain!

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The medical examiner will advise whether they area ban or whether they are permitted. Given that the only ear piercings permitted are those that hold sleepers, you may have a problem Houston, but the Doc has the call on that one.

Doubtless there's corrective surgery available if it's a bar, much the same as people are invited to have certain tattoos and body piercings removed if they wish to join, In the worse case scenario it's doubtful it's an insurmountable problem, given time, money, a bit of pain & expense.

Good luck.

Edited X2 for gobbledegook spelling.

13. Are you joining as a CT?

14. as a rating

15. Branch?

16. redruth

17. Danny, bint or bloke?

18. bloke