Help Please!!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Brit_4_Ever, Jan 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a 16 year old lad and I have recently D.A.O.R from AFC Harrogate. I am regretting this now because there is nothing I want to do in civilian life and I am looking to get back into the forces.

In November, I went to my local Army Careers Office and asked if I could re-apply but they said that I would have to wait 12 months :frustrated:

Seen as I D.A.O.R in October, this is a very long way away and I really want to get back into the forces A.S.A.P.

Since then, I have decided that I would like to enlist in the Navy but I am not sure whether or not this would affect be being able to apply to the Navy before October as well :-\\\\

Does anyone know whether or not I will be able to apply?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :thanks:
  2. Phone you ACLO and ask...?
    Or just phone the main number from the RN website, or wait for Ninja to message you.
  3. Ok.

Why is Ninja a recruiter or something?.
  4. yes Ninja is a recruiter having given many heroic years frontline Service he prefers to nswer queries on here because the Royal Navy have withdrawn his Dental care and he has no teeth in his twilight years so the moral is you can ask him any thing and he wont bite you
  5. Brit,
    I don't know for sure what you are talking about, so I'll apologise in advance if I have it all wrong. Am I correct in thinking that the only reason you want to join the Navy is because you think that it the only way you are going "to get back into the Forces ASAP"?
  6. You have it all wrong fella, Apology accepted

I wouldn't do something because it's "quicker" that would just make me immature and narrow minded and I'm not :thumright:
  7. Shouldnt have came out in the first place.
    End of =]
  8. Fair point! But I did and like I said I regret it. Can't change the past, but I'm trying to do something about it!
  9. Check out the bold. It still looks a bit iffy to me.
  10. Tbh i think you should just live out the 12months.
    You been in didnt like it.

Go get a job live your life and see if you change your mind =]
  11. "Since then, I have decided that I would like to enlist in the Navy"

I don't think it looks iffy at all.
  12. Its been 4 months since I left..And it's been total hell!!

Not waiting for another 8!!!
  13. Desperate? :thumright:
  14. Not really I just want a decent job that offers excellent job security, great pay for my age and a excellent opportunity to travel the world :)

15. Quote from the RN website?
  16. Aren't you a funny one
  17. I wasnt being funny

I was amused at what you wrote.
  18. I think we had better stop now, Topaz :)
  19. Yes sir =]

I apologies, ive been grumpy all day.
  20. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hopefully answered & resolved by PM.

At the order: "Toys"...*pause* "Wait for it...."

Sorted (I hope)