HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by hornpipe, Jul 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HI
    Can anyone please advise me on the rules covering issue of travel warrants within UK for an FAA junior rate with over 3 years service, deployed front line with RM Commando, divorced and with kids up the line?
    h

2. Based on Land or ship? I know sounds stupid right. It used to be 12 warrents a year if you were ship based (one per month) and 3/4 when on land. As far as I remember, they were only to your home town, however, if you moved or brought your own home the warrent would be shifted over.

I'll stand fast on this one, I may be corrected very quick!

3. I think I heard that on land you can only get a maximum of 4 rail warrants per year but this may well be wrong.

4. Excuse me for asking, but why haven't you asked your Reg. Office or your Divisional Chief?
    Or do these Offices and people no longer exsist?
    If you really can't find out, e-mail me off line and I will put you in touch with a serving Chief, who will know the answers to that which you seek.
    RoofRat

5. Reading between the lines, always a dangerous thing I know but it looks as if the young lad has been told by the Booties that he has used all his warrants and he thinks they are wrong and needs our help.

Roofrats offer looks good.

Peter

6. Or just ask your UPO?

7. Sorry but the simple answer, going by the information you have given, is that you have no entitlement to any warrants.
    I would suggest that you go to the UPO/ADMIN OFFICE/REG OFFICE and talk to the staff, but the basic rules are:-
    you have done more than 3 years therefore you longer get Early years warrants.
    You are divorced so not entitled to married mans (i.e get you home posting) allowances, even though you have children - makes no difference to the forces, unless you have custody of course (must be receiving the child allowance)
    Unless you own or rent your own home you are not entitled to get you home stability allowance.
    Only others are seagoers and unless your receiving LSSB you are not entitled to them either.

8. Sorry for the mystery, but I am a volunteer caseworker trying to help a serving client, so for reasons which should now be clear, I can't give full details.
    Does Roofrat's offer still stand?
    h

9. [/quote]Sorry for the mystery, but I am a volunteer caseworker trying to help a serving client, so for reasons which should now be clear, I can't give full details.
    Does Roofrat's offer still stand?