Help please- Submarine Service?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by DaveyMcB, Jan 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I was wondering if I could have a little help with a branch I heard about some time ago but I can't remember very much about it!

I think it was called 'SubSunk' and was a branch centred around rescuing sunken submarines (obviously!)

Can nayone point me in the direction of more information regardin gthis branch, the work they do and where members come from- are they ex-MCDs, submariners etc?

Thanks!

2. That's the one- what branch is it actually a part of? How about the crew?

3. I don't know any more than that - I just remember seeing the link. The may be more on wiki or similar, and perhaps the RN handbook but I've not looked.

4. Oh dear. Well, as you can see that link takes you to an information page - information on how a particular task is carried out. It is not part of the 'jobs' page.

In short, you cannot be recruited directly into the SPAG team (the persons that would work with the LR5 amongst doing other tasks).

I won't post here how to get into SPAG because you cannot do it direct from civvy street.

Hope this helps.

5. Whats the harm in posting the SPAG route of entry? Is it hush, hush? Even the SBS route is known...

No harm in giving someone something to aim for or what is required is there.

6. Yeah. Come on Polto, come clean and dish out the info, or is it Tip Top Secret and you'd have to kill us if you told us.
    :happy3:

7. I hope not, hate being dead. :D

8. Oh alright then...first of all you've got .....ah..ahh.ahhhhggghhhhgghhhhh..................................

9. Try this linky for size and read it verrrry carefully...

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/server/show/nav.3098

It would seem from some of your other posts that you are enlisting in the wrong trade...so read it and weep.

Have a nice day. :lol:

10. Easy peasy!
    1.Join Navy
    2. Complete basic training
    3. Volunteer for Submarines
    4. Join firstboat, complete Part 3, get Dolphins
    5. Pass lots of exams and courses. Become Senior Rate
    6. Volunter to be a Swim Boy in the Tank
    7. Be accepted
    8. Once a Swim Boy, volunteer for SPAG

So, there you go. Shouldn't take more than 10 to 12 years. What are you waiting for? Get down that recruiting office NOW!!

Oh yes, and good luck!