Help please. Changing role before interview

Seadav

Good afternoon.

I have my interview on the 4th Jan however I’ve just seen that there has been a new role listed on the navy website which I’m sure wasn’t there when I applied (Warfare Intelligence spec) and I would like to change to from my current role (Warfare spec) if my RT results are good enough.

The problem is is that’s my AFCO is now closed for Christmas and my interview is the first day they’re back open so I don’t have anytime to ask about a branch change and I don’t know if this will make me look bad during my interview bringing up this new branch change.

Could anybody give me advice on what to do?

Thanks SD

WreckerL

War Hero
Only one thing you can do, ask at the interview when you get asked if you have any questions. You won't be the first in this situation, nor the last.

Seadav

That sounds like a good shout. I’ve done my homework on both roles anyway in preparation for my interview so we’ll have to see how it turns out.

Thanks for your help Wrecker.

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
AFAIK INT spec will be joining Raleigh Q2 2020. As long as you aren’t in any hurry, you may have a bit of a wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seadav

Oh that’s a shame, my afco told me I’d be in Raleigh around April 2019 for warfare spec and that feels forever away. I think I’ll stick with my first choice ha.

Thanks for the info c_e

Shipspotter

Badgeman
Oh that’s a shame, my afco told me I’d be in Raleigh around April 2019 for warfare spec and that feels forever away. I think I’ll stick with my first choice ha.

Thanks for the info c_e
If you go WS hopefully we can both get in for April 19!! I’ve just got to do a training diary, interview, PJFT and PRNC

Seadav

I will be going WS and hopefully get my choice of EW in phase 2.

Ah that’s sweet, exact same stage as me! However I’ve not been told to do a training diary..strange.

Shipspotter

Badgeman
I will be going WS and hopefully get my choice of EW in phase 2.

Ah that’s sweet, exact same stage as me! However I’ve not been told to do a training diary..strange.
I would like to be a gunner!! I’ll worry about civvy careers when I’m older haha