Help on the Logistics branch please....

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Mago0, Jun 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, I've recently been trying to join up as aircrew, passed my FATs and AIB but failed the medical due to shoddy colour perception. I've been told I can still join as an officer in the either the RM, Engineering or Logistics. As I am not an engineering graduate and I dont fancy starting all over again with POC and another AIB for the RM it seems logistics is my only choice, but I havent a clue what its like. I've read up what I can off the Navy's site, but I was wondering if anyone could shed a bit more light on whats involved and how thrilling/boring it is etc before I agree to sign away 12 years of my life to it!

2. Check your PMs.
  3. Given the options, have you thought about being a warfare officer I think this may be a little better than a highly paid bean counter.....
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Call it intuition, but the trades on offer seem to indicate that the individual does not have the eye-sight standard required for Warfare.

Not only that but Red/Green colour blindness can also be a bit iffy during the night as Officer of the Watch!

Now.... where's them beans?
  5. ....if you relish the thought of spending the first 6 years of your career on the bridge spotting fishing vessels and being yelled at.

I've got nothing against Warfare Officers, just thought I'd add another sweeping generalisation to yours, Jedi......
  6. Colour perception is pretty important for bridge chimps.

Once you've made it to the Ops room it's less important, Engineers and Logisticians can do a bridge ticket and then branch change once they're PWO qualified.
  7. Logistics can be cool...just remember to keep track off all your offshore accounts for when you cash in on the interest on Ships payroll... :thumright:
  8. Logistics? You mean the S.O.? S+S Rools, K.O.!!!
  9. Yeah my inability to tell the difference between white and green lights means i cant do warfare either, that was my second choice after aircrew.
  10. Never mind the white lights mate, get a nice white strip under your gold one.
  11. do anything apart from logs - branch has gone down hill rapidly an trying to change our identity is not helping!!! JPA all the way - NOT!!
  12. "....if you relish the thought of spending the first 6 years of your career on the bridge spotting fishing vessels and being yelled at."

No, that's entirely accurate....

If you really want to be a naval officer then give logistics some serious thought- most of the pussers I know absolutely love the job (although I concede that they might be sobbing their hearts out behind the smiles) :)
  13. onI concur - all the pussers I know love it! Do have a good think about why you are joining though - lots of rejected aircrew find it difficult to enjoy being in another branch, but if you are sure the RN is for you then go for it. (And of course you will only be signing up for 3 1/2 years return of service - not 12!)
  14. Consider Engineering, not just for a career in the RN, but a career for life!