Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help on rejoining RNR

Overandout

Good evening all,
New to the site but am desperately seeking advice before contacting my AFCO. I was in the RNR 5 years ago (next Jan) and have been seriously thinking about rejoining. I was just wondering if this was possible. I went to Raleigh to complete my phase 2 but was RTU due to illness (later revealed my appendix was rumbling and ruptured) so never got to pass out. I was scheduled to return but never made it as life made it difficult for me to continue going. I emailed my PO and apologised for my absence just had a lot of things going on outside of the RNR preventing me from going in which I received a very stern reply from my WO basically giving me a rollicking. I was never told I was discharged or AWOL or anything like than nor receive anything to say I was just an email saying i should have told them
Sooner. This as I say was 5 years ago and I am considering rejoining the RNR as I said anybody any info or suggestions before I contact the AFCO. Slightly worried I will get turned away.

Thanks guys

:)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
If you were RTU'd from training at Raleigh, but wished to remain in the RNR, then presumably you had the good manners to maintain a dialogue with your unit, even if unable to continue to attend.

In the event you simply vanished off the planet, then sooner or later, if you failed to respond to repeated attempts to establish comms, then you'll have been discharged (sacked).

Five years down the track, the odds are a fresh application would be considered however, as a re-entrant, approval to process will be determined by your former service record. In most cases, unless there's more to it than disclosed, it would be unusual not to be permitted to re-enter.

Overandout

Thanks for your reply. After I was RTU'd, I did attend my unit still for a while and still done training exercises but was ruled out of any fitness as I was still suffering. It was a while after I was RTU'd that i didn't attend anymore. Better and stronger person now with massive regrets as before I stopped attending I never missed a training session. I loved being part of the RNR.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The AFCO is obliged to automatically process the application, the final approval is granted by the RNR Branch Manager. I'd be surprised if it was a knock back if the circumstances reflect those claimed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Candidate Portal help Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS £29 million government funding to boost digital revolution and help keep people safe online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Action to help prevent vulnerable young people from becoming homeless MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stamp duty holiday continues to help hundreds of thousands of jobs after further 21.3% boost in September MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER Help! I'm not allowed in a High Security area..... Diamond Lil's 23
MoD_RSS Investing in foundation industries: help to back innovators MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMG launches Export Growth Plan to help businesses MoD News 0
A Submarine school help Submariners 14
M Can you please Help reading naval record please Miscellaneous 9
M Help reading naval record please Miscellaneous 18
MoD_RSS Government pledges £1 Million in response to ITV's Help our Helplines campaign MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Landmark pension proposals will protect savers from scams and help tackle climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £25 million available to help farmers boost productivity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England steps in to help pedestrians in Dorset MoD News 0
K Please help with Interview and Training information Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS Training fund launched to help vets prepare for 1 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New recruitment drive to help 10,000 people with serious mental illness MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New leaflet launched to help communities prepare for flooding MoD News 0
soleil BBC R4: Wed, 23rd September 2020 - 3 PM - Money Box Live - Armed Forces Financial Help Finance & Pensions 2
MoD_RSS Government launches cross-sector Working Group to help address multiple small pension pots MoD News 0
R I need help sorting my late fathers 6 off 1939-45 medals & 2 off Mention in Dispatches Certificates. History 14
MoD_RSS Hundreds step up to help smaller employers Kickstart Britain’s recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Information Campaign to Help Brits Prepare for EU Travel Changes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New plan to help protect care homes from coronavirus over winter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New funding to help hospitals introduce digital prescribing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for help to solve our data challenges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How the UK Internal Market Bill will help to boost the Scottish economy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to help pension schemes seize long-term opportunities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New flood warnings for Upton-upon-Severn to help communities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil/crime news: launch of ‘help us say yes’ online training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Assessing the global ceasefire to help fight COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government investment to help build robots for nuclear plants and batteries for electric aeroplanes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding boost to help healthcare suppliers improve cyber security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £30 million boost to help unlock land for new homes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New voluntary calorie guidelines to help industry tackle obesity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New framework contractors appointed to help stop mine water pollution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Flower power to help car journeys this bank holiday MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ministers call on councils to help deliver digital connectivity ambitions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 64 million meals claimed for as Eat Out to Help Out enters fourth week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Veterans UK looking for new ways to help ease the pressure on the National Health Service and continue processing claims safely MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Early years support package to help close Covid language gap MoD News 0
S Need help RFA 4
MoD_RSS More than half a billion pounds to help people return home from hospital MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British experts help Mauritius protect coral reefs from oil spill MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Legally binding targets to help “build back greener” MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New help on offer for disabled people working from home during the pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Britain eats out to help out – over 35 million meals claimed in first two weeks MoD News 0
Skylarker Vaccination help RFA 18
MoD_RSS £1.2m innovation contracts awarded to help Army engineers survey water crossings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Eight reasons to Shop Local this week to help the high street bounce back MoD News 0