Help needed medical deferral or fail?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Rebeccaimogen91, Jul 14, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, went for 2nd medical today and have been failed due to a low peak flow and because my bmi was under ? Does this mean I am perm unfit or can I reapply ? I've had ECG's, echocardiogram and all of that from my first medical. I applied over 9 months ago gutted isn't the word
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. I'm sure the doctor said at the end if you were TMU or PMU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. She just said I would need to reapply in like a year
  4. Well I guess that's your answer. If you were PMU then you wouldn't be able to reapply. You will find out the best advice from your AFCO.
  5. spoke to a Lt in the medical department and he said I would need to do a peak flow Diary and prove my weight is up but capita doctor and AFCO have said PMU for a year
  6. You're TMU which is why they've given you a year, if you were PMU then it's Goodnight Irene.
  7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I think that her name is Rebecca Imogen born in 1991 Wrecks, I don't know where you got Irene from.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Oh, bless her :)
  9. I agree with Wrecker - you have been given the year to improve your BMI to meet the entry requirements. This is for your musculo-skeletal health during basic training which will put your bones, joints, ligaments etc under a lot of stress. As for your Peak Flow diary, I suggest you start this a month before your year, so everything is all lined up when you go back to the Doc. Good luck.