Help needed for Discipline Record

needing help

Midshipman
Drakey, thanks for your reply, sorry i cannot reply to you message, stuck at work and the IT dont like it.

I think that is exaclty what i need, but does it show your dates of service aswell, or just a blank sheet if your a good lad, or fast runner, or even a good blagger when the Joss is about?

Having never seen mine, or anyone elses, i dont know what is on a S3300D so cannot say if it would help.

Does anyone have an electronic version of this form i could look at?

Drakey

War Hero
Not too sure of the full content of the document. It does however record all of your misdemeanours (the one's you were caught doing) throughout your service. It doesn't exist anymore as it is all recorded on JPA, but everyone would have had one in their docs whether they had misdemeaned (is that a word) or not.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The form you are talking about is the yellow record form that only the crushers and UPO staff ever saw. When I was a DO we never saw our divisions forms. I was given mine when I went outside and have still got it (and it's blank :angel5:).

I can have a go at scanning it if you need to eyeball one so you know what you are looking for. Believe it was called a Ratings Conduct Record.

dhoby

Midshipman
Ive just checked the docs I got on discharge in 1988 and there is one which is a s.1560 called a certificate of discharge from regular service in the royal navy. This has when you joined, name, number etc but it also has Character on discharge. On the back it says this is an overall assessment of the mans character throughout his RN service and has been awarded on an inter service scale from the range "exemplary, very good, good, fair, and unsatisfactory". It is based on the annual character assessments on his certificate of service of which the highest attainable "VG". I was on punishment about 5 times during my service but still came out exemplary so I would imagine unless you went over the wall or were kicked out most people would be classed as exemplary. Probably the number of this document has changed but would still be called certificate of discharge. I was released at Cochrane and this certificate was typed up with a chief writer`s signature.

needing help

Midshipman
dhoby. Thanks for that, sadly you dont get anything as formal as that anymore, its a standard print out of JPA forms that are sent to you in the post by the Defence Sec himself (OK, sure???) This i am told will only have your conduct referred to if you were caught, but if not its not mentioned. So yet again, he has assessed this as not suitable. AARRGGHH. If only he would listen to reason, but no, he is adamant he needs the document he wants and without it he is not willing to proceed with the application.

Could you contact the Oz Embassy and ask for them to clarify exactly what the **** they want from you? As it seems as though you are showing them everything the navy gives you and they arent happy. :)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
This is what the front cover looks like
web size conduct.jpg

And the corner of the SC says "This corner to be cut off if the man is discharged with a "bad" character or with disgrace or if specially directed by the Ministry of Defence"

oldwest-29-720.jpg

OR

ten_pound_note_small.jpg

Either were once acceptable for that antipodee.

Has it all changed recently then ?
:-|