Help me out

Discussion in 'Bloody Computers' started by seafarer1939, Feb 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know it's been covered before but thick as I am with computers I'm just not getting it.
    I have pictures on my HDD I need to attach them to messages to RR but it just won't go.
    Tried to cut and paste to the written message but it doesn't work.
    Appreciate the help in idiots language if you can
    I've seen some cracking pictures from RR but I don't know how to do it.Thanks.

2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

It's not you, it's a pain in the bloody arse!

You need to host your pictures on a site like imagecave this is a free site, sign up using your RR username. Once on here you can link the pictures using the picture icon when you post. Other image hosting sites are available and someone will probably be along to suggest better one's in a minute.

3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

SF somewhere there is a thread telling you exactly how to do it, I've tried and can't manage it but I'm told that for some the explanation makes it easy

4. I upload them to a site such as Photobucket. Then I copy and past the [​IMG]

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

6. I think that would be a great idea to have an uploading facility bolted on the site

7. http://imageshack.us/

Use mediashack, it looks like no registration is required. Click "browse" and look through the folders for the picture. You'll then get a link that looks like this:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8229/dsc01974d.jpg

put [​IMG] on either side

[​IMG]

Or if you're in "advanced" there's a button on the toolbar that looks like 2 hills and the sun. Click it and paste the link in between the two tags.

8. thanks for all the replies I'll get there but I'm sure there must be an easier way,I send pictures to my sons as an attachment to an e-mail quite easy so I can't see why this can't be done on this site but what do I know?
    I'll keep trying those links given .Thanks

9. Check your link Zoidy; all I'm seeing is some big gay canoe.

10. It worked then.
    EDIT: Just checked the link, it's the first one I uploaded to imageshack but turned out to be huge when put in the post :p

You can. Make sure it's saved as a jpeg (jpg) though.

11. It uses up a lot of the site's storage, some sites do not allow it as they end up having to pay for more bandwidth tc.

I use Photobucket, simples and easy, which I need.