HELP! invaded by wildlife!

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by rosinacarley, Aug 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear RR

I should be glad of your wise comments onhow to get rid of wildlife brought in by ones cat.

Last week there was a frog in my busy lizzies and a whole dead baby bird whilst I was eating tea. This week there was half a dead mouse in the downstairs loo and not 10 mins ago a live mouse!

Please help

Distressed girlie of Fareham
  2. I'd get rid of the cat :twisted:
  3. That's not really what I had in mind!

Luckily the PO Stoker has just arrived home, he is in the room now with a torch, a small box and some rubber gloves and the cat (Vincenzo) is wondering what all the fuss is about. I think the mouse has gone behind the washing machine!
  4. My daughter had the same problem, sometimes bits of rabbit, live mice running around the kitchen, a dead crow at one point, her solution, cat flap OUT only, IN, locked.
  5. Ah ha , a torch & rubber gloves , Peanuts Pyle & Tuppence Pilkington aint involved in this are they :oops:
  6. I could get a camcorder and post a mouse snuff video, co starring PP and TP and the PO Stoker!
  7. Very , very interesting , Rosina got to go and do a little work now , catch you's all a little later , :lol: PP ,, TP,, PO S ,,
  8. feed the Cat once in a while!!!
  9. Buy a Rottweller.
  10. Thought you said "dead cow" for a minute there :roll: , yeah a cat bringing in a dead cow, I've been on the CSB :twisted: :roll:
  11. I would have given my pension for such luxury food items to be dropped on my lap many years ago.

You can throw anything into a omlette long as you have the eggs of course. Any eggs will do. Any protein will do.

And if kitty provides your food source never bite the hand that feeds you.

Mind a good mitten can be made from kitty[and an excellent stew] when the cold winter months move in if she fails to provide the goodies. Or if young kittens arrive a few excellent meals and enough for fur gloves for the winter months ahead but give them a few months to develop or you will only end up with skin and bone. Gas mark 5 for one and a half hours should be about right add carrots onions and parsnips. In the field just roast until tender.

12. I don't think Rosina will be too impressed with the stew option !!!!!!! ,
    and you forgot the potatoes and leeks and a couple of oxo cubes , oh I nearly forgot the dumplings , sell lots of it in China I believe , :oops:
  13. OK now, stop with the stew option and the rottweiler.

There will be no kittens as all males in this house have visited the vets for the op!

To end the story of the visiting mouse, it ended uo behind the fridge where it was rescued by the PO Stoker and taken to the field outside on a dustpan. Last seen it was making a recovery and contemplating its lucky escape! (er.. the mouse not the PO Stoker)
  14. I suspect that if you intend keeping the cat you are stuck with the problem. The cat is only showing it's appreciation for you and demonstrating it's prowess at hunting.

Finally always remember you don't own the cat, it owns you.

15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Cats are evil! You might think they're cute but they ain't:

16. sgtpepperband

Get a puppy instead - they make the whole world go round:

17. sgtpepperband

This is what cats are good for:

18. My favourite cat...

And my anti-cat device...

19. Aww how cute, but it is not going to get rid of my mouse! The little cattie from Shrek - just like Vincenzo!
  20. That would have been some Cat!!!!!