Help - Form Q101

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by lucy, Jul 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My AIB date is fast approaching and I am completing my final forms. The form titled Form Q101 has a question two questions for which I am slightly unsure as to what to put. The first being the preferred entry date, to which I want to respond 'ASAP'! However, I presume they are referring to the date of the intakes? If so, what would the options be?
    Second, the form asks for my first choice, which initially was Logistics and only Logistics! The more I have delved into the options available the more I have thought of Warfare Officer and wonder whether this is the ideal opportunity to change my first choice or should I just keep quiet now and approach this at my AIB? I am just worried I have left it too late to provide a second choice? I have asked my AFCO who have said that it is a question for my pre-AIB brief but this is due only a few days before my AIB and my form needs to be returned now.
    I would be grateful for any help and guidance and apologise if the answers to my questions are ridiculously obvious, I just want to get them right.

Many thanks!!!
  2. Well.. I think the next possible entry date for you now is November. If there is more than one box put November and Jan.

Having a second choice is always a good plan.

I have heard on the grape vine that they are looking for female Logisticians not sure if they same is true for female Warfare Officers. If you don't fully want to do Warfare then don't put it as an option. I only put one option, XSM.

What would you think of doing in the Warfare Branch: Air traffic control, General Service, Pilot??

Hope some of that helps???
  3. Thank you! I was hoping for September but I think that ship's sailed, so to speak!
    Ah I thought it was quite the contrary with Logistics being a popular choice for females and Warfare lacking female officer applicants. I do really like the idea of Warfare with General Service being the most likely choice, I have considered pilot but have left it to late to do my FAT's.
  4. Air Traffic are crying out for Officers and have increased their GTS

With the 2 CVF's now signed for it's exciting days ahead

Or you could just count box's and cash CTM's!
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Or, as read by a civilian with no knowledge of service jargon:

Blah, de-blah, blah, blah, GTS.

Blah, blah 2 CVF blah.

Blah-de-blah-de-blah-de-blah, CTM's.[​IMG]
  6. Yeah it did read it as blah blah blah - no idea of GTS - blah blah blah but I get the gist of it although if anyone would care to translate I would be grateful :thumright: