Help for Heroes

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by onions, Oct 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help for Heroes was set up on October 1st 2007. So "happy birthday" to an organisation that actually does something for the forces. Founded by Bryn and Emma Parry H4H has raised £70 million pounds in those three years. I would like say a big "Thank You" to them and BZ to all who support the stirling work they do.

Semper Strenuissima

2. Here, Here, they have raised a huge amount of money.

3. Wikipedia is emphatic that H4H was launched on the 1st AUG 2007.
    In fact its so emphatic it states 8 lines down it was launched on the 1st OCT 2007. 8O

Either way happy birthday, many more and lets hope the money keeps pouring in. Trouble is when the young service people undertake these evolutions, don't fall into the so much a mile, or circuit, trap, unless your prepared to dig real deep.
    The little buggers are so fit and determined they always succeed and do a lot more than you expect :twisted: :D
    They promised me a lands end to John O'Groats, the buggers turned around and did it back as well 8O . Still don't begrudge it even when they work a number on you 8O :D :D

4. From their own H4H March 2009 newsletter:

<<Last Month we held our first Annual Review, our opportunity to tell everyone how we have performed since we began to fund raise to support the wounded in October 2007. >>

BZ & Happy Birthday H4H

(Wiki? Schmikkee! :roll: )

5. Hear hear also....(The English version)... Long may they continue.

6. Yes happy birthday or anniversary which ever you'd like :D

It's good there are many charities out there to help our lads and lasses past and present. It's nice there is a charity that also helps out other charities.

I'm glad to have helped raise some of that money also.

Long may all these charities carry on doing these good deeds!

BZ

7. I raised a couple of hundred or so for them climbing Snowdon.
    I had an offer to double the money if I stayed up there. 8O :oops:

8. And they do it all thanks to a host of volunteers, out of a small office in Tidworh Wiltshire.

9. Happy Birthday H4H. You are doing a grand job.
    The Family and friends of Lance Bombardier Matthew Hatton, of Haxby, York, (KIA Afghanistan August 2009) have since raised well over £50,000 for H4H. His parents, two sisters, a cousin, and several friends, did a sponsored climb of Kilimanjaro earlier this year. A grandson of mine was with them.

2BM

10. [​IMG]
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

11. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. BZ to the two badge mango, for his genes/jeans, and those other intrepid climbers for H4H.

They must have been breathless at the top, for it is indeed a breathtaking view:

Kilianjaro? Locked in my ancient memory cell is the vivid picture taken from the widow of an aero-buzzer*:

....Virgin-white,snow-topped and thrusting herself proudly and defiantly ever upwards.

Aloof and unconcerned; as if despising the widespread lowly bands of greyer and cheaply sullied clouds beneath and below her.

Dignity - Mountainified.

(*Flying back from Mauritius, June 1963.......)

Sigh......

Bob