Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help for Heroes

onions

GCM
Help for Heroes was set up on October 1st 2007. So "happy birthday" to an organisation that actually does something for the forces. Founded by Bryn and Emma Parry H4H has raised £70 million pounds in those three years. I would like say a big "Thank You" to them and BZ to all who support the stirling work they do.

Semper Strenuissima

Rumrat

War Hero
onions said:
Help for Heroes was set up on October 1st 2007. So "happy birthday" to an organisation that actually does something for the forces. Founded by Bryn and Emma Parry H4H has raised £70 million pounds in those three years. I would like say a big "Thank You" to them and BZ to all who support the stirling work they do.

Semper Strenuissima

Wikipedia is emphatic that H4H was launched on the 1st AUG 2007.
In fact its so emphatic it states 8 lines down it was launched on the 1st OCT 2007. 8O

Either way happy birthday, many more and lets hope the money keeps pouring in. Trouble is when the young service people undertake these evolutions, don't fall into the so much a mile, or circuit, trap, unless your prepared to dig real deep.
The little buggers are so fit and determined they always succeed and do a lot more than you expect :twisted: :D
They promised me a lands end to John O'Groats, the buggers turned around and did it back as well 8O . Still don't begrudge it even when they work a number on you 8O :D :D

From their own H4H March 2009 newsletter:

<<Last Month we held our first Annual Review, our opportunity to tell everyone how we have performed since we began to fund raise to support the wounded in October 2007. >>

BZ & Happy Birthday H4H

(Wiki? Schmikkee! :roll: )

tommo

War Hero
Yes happy birthday or anniversary which ever you'd like :D

It's good there are many charities out there to help our lads and lasses past and present. It's nice there is a charity that also helps out other charities.

I'm glad to have helped raise some of that money also.

Long may all these charities carry on doing these good deeds!

BZ

Rumrat

War Hero
tommo said:
Yes happy birthday or anniversary which ever you'd like :D

It's good there are many charities out there to help our lads and lasses past and present. It's nice there is a charity that also helps out other charities.

I'm glad to have helped raise some of that money also.

Long may all these charities carry on doing these good deeds!

BZ

I raised a couple of hundred or so for them climbing Snowdon.
I had an offer to double the money if I stayed up there. 8O :oops:

SSN09

Badgeman
onions said:

Semper Strenuissima

And they do it all thanks to a host of volunteers, out of a small office in Tidworh Wiltshire.

2badge_mango

War Hero
Happy Birthday H4H. You are doing a grand job.
The Family and friends of Lance Bombardier Matthew Hatton, of Haxby, York, (KIA Afghanistan August 2009) have since raised well over £50,000 for H4H. His parents, two sisters, a cousin, and several friends, did a sponsored climb of Kilimanjaro earlier this year. A grandson of mine was with them.

2BM

Rumrat

War Hero
2badge_mango said:
The Family and friends of Lance Bombardier Matthew Hatton, of Haxby, York, (KIA Afghanistan August 2009) have since raised well over £50,000 for H4H. His parents, two sisters, a cousin, and several friends, did a sponsored climb of Kilimanjaro earlier this year. A grandson of mine was with them.

2BM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

2badge_mango said:

2BM

BZ to the two badge mango, for his genes/jeans, and those other intrepid climbers for H4H.

They must have been breathless at the top, for it is indeed a breathtaking view:

Kilianjaro? Locked in my ancient memory cell is the vivid picture taken from the widow of an aero-buzzer*:

....Virgin-white,snow-topped and thrusting herself proudly and defiantly ever upwards.

Aloof and unconcerned; as if despising the widespread lowly bands of greyer and cheaply sullied clouds beneath and below her.

Dignity - Mountainified.

(*Flying back from Mauritius, June 1963.......)

Sigh......

Bob

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil Telegraph: "Help For Heroes Launches Charity Game App" Charity 0
trelawney126 Stealing from Help for Heroes Charity 26
fishhead Help for Heroes.......sometimes! Current Affairs 4
slim Car Boot Sale in aid of Help for Heroes Bracknell Berkshire Diamond Lil's 3
soleil Help For Heroes Rugby Challenge - Saturday 3 December 2011 - Twickenham Sports and Adventure Training 5
B Portsmouth Marriott - Dinner Dance Fundraiser - Help for Heroes Social & Reunions 2
B Portsmouth Marriott - Dinner Dance Fundraiser - Help for Heroes Nearest & Dearest 0
B Portsmouth Marriott - Dinner Dance Fundraiser - Help for Heroes Hobbies & The Great Indoors 0
B Portsmouth Marriott - Dinner Dance Fundraiser - Help for Heroes Charity 0
B Portsmouth Marriott - Dinner Dance Fundraiser - Help for Heroes The Quarterdeck 2
Tomahawk Help for Heroes - Scoot4Heroes Charity 1
T Help for Heroes - my first 10k Charity 0
Chicogiz Help for heroes challenges! Charity 1
B Expedition PYRENEES 2011 in Support of Help for Heroes Motoring 0
B Expedition PYRENEES 2011 in Support of Help for Heroes Charity 0
Naval_Gazer Pompey News: Pedal Power for Help for Heroes Charity 0
M Help for Heroes Charity 0
soleil Courier: "Open Dinner To Provide Help For Heroes" The Corps 0
sgtpepperband Pompey News: "Help the Heroes tattoo for ex-sailor" Charity 0
B Wives needed to model for the 2011 Help for Heroes calendar Nearest & Dearest 0
Naval_Gazer Navy Divers hand over cheque to 'Help for Heroes' Charity 6
F Help for Heroes - We Need Your Votes! Charity 20
soleil Help for Heroes to benefit from Wasps v Bath 24/04/10 Charity 0
M The Tattoo - in support of Help for Heroes Charity 8
wet_blobby Help for Heroes.......Not if your RM/RN? Charity 14
H HELP for HEROES - Matchday Charity 0
scouse Help for heroes Cup live Charity 0
NotmeChief We Will Remember Them - Help for Heroes Current Affairs 0
B Sir Tristram | A Car Boat sails in aid of Help for Heroes Diamond Lil's 4
pompeyexpat A chance to help 'Help for Heroes' Charity 0
soleil Navy News: "Gannet's 12K boost for Help for Heroes" The Fleet Air Arm 1
C The Cockney Walk for Help for Heroes The Corps 2
C Tomorrow in London - The Cockney Walk for Help for Heroes Charity 18
Z Castle Howard 10k for Help for Heroes Charity 12
Montigny_La_Palisse URGENT HELP NEEDED - Holidays 4 Heroes Diamond Lil's 54
Montigny_La_Palisse Holidays 4 Heroes - Fresh case needs your help Diamond Lil's 22
P Help 4 Heroes - 60km - 3 Days Charity 3
NotmeChief The Sun and Help for Heroes Current Affairs 21
T Writing a book to raise money for Help for Heroes Charity 9
C following on from help the heroes..... Charity 7
A Skydiving Sisters for Help for Heroes Charity 14
C Help For Heroes John O'Groats to Lands End Blogs 0
D CAF - Help For Heroes John O'Groats to Land's End Cycle The Quarterdeck 4
R Help for Heroes charity calendar Charity 2
broadside Help For Heroes Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
tommo X Factor release single for Help for Heroes. Current Affairs 16
sadindiefreak Help for Heroes The Quarterdeck 16
soleil Help for Heroes Rugby Match Sports and Adventure Training 0
T Help for Heroes... how the well heeled dog lover can help... Charity 1
Naval_Gazer Help for Heroes event "offensive to ethnic minorities" Current Affairs 15