Help for Heroes

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by TurboThreaders, Nov 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. .....................

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Got one.. :thumright: :salut:

3. Got mine, plus the very dapper tie from the website. :thumright:

4. I didnt get a wrist band but made a donation as i've seen the state of some of our returning heroes and they deserve our help.

NB

5. Is it a secure website?

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Look for the little yellow padlock at the bottom of your browser when you enter your details...

7. If it's a secure website it'll have https://.......... instead of http://............ (s standing for secure)

8. done ones on the way

9. How long does it take for the wrist bands to come?

10. Mine arrived about 5 days after I placed the order, so you won't wait too long!

11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

If your buying you could always do what Pongoshaggy did (not get blown up, thats just silly) but buy a few and then flog them on, worked down yer... :thumright:

12. Its fcukin sad the way the MOD are treating the wounded and the families of the fallen back home at the moment. What an absolutely fantastic website these people have created. you would think that with all those overpaid brainiacs and boffins hanging around whitehall none of them has thought about such a simplistic and successfull idea as this. As always its the man on the street who has to prove how grateful we all should be.

13. Can anyone help me? Im 16 and was going to get sponsored with some of my mates and teachers to ride from london to portsmouth, Now we are not. Would could i do instead. i want to do a nine mile speed march but will the royal marines training school let me? How do i contact them? Also if not that could i do a 20 mile yomp on the moors with the marines, but then again would that be aloud?

14. Dont u think this reply is a bit innapropiate for this thread fella??
    Why didnt you just start a new one?

In reponse to ur question, Turning up on dartmoor Woodbury common and joining the recruits for the odd commando test i think would more than likely get you filled in! Dont be ridiculous, if you want to try the 9 miler etc then bloody join up! My answer is NO you probably wont be ALLOWED...

15. Whats wrong with you? I am only thinking of a way to raise money for help for heroes and you get this. I am going to join up but im not gonna join up just to raise MONEY. grow up a bit m8

16. Spunk trumpet! PM inbound, I aint turning this thread into a slanging match

17. doing the help for heroes bike ride through france ,trying to raise money for the pool at headly court,26th may 2008 a year to the day from when i got injured in "ganners" nearer the time get your pennies ready

ps also a good chance to visit the battlefields of ww1 & ww2 ,and have a few jars with the guys

18. about 350 miles in 5 days ,soo i best get some training in (after xmas i think wet blobby n me will hit the port big style)