Help For Heroes Sponsored 12 hour Run/Walk

Discussion in 'Charity' started by Nicks, Nov 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Me and my Oppo are going to attempt to Run / Walk 75 Km each in 12 hours on the 15th Dec using the Treadmills down our Local Gym at Littlehampton.
    I currently have 2 sons serving in the Forces and Ray is from a Military background so it was only natural that this Charity was the only one we considered

As we arent exactly 21 years old and in the peak of Physical Fitness it will be a great challenge for the both of us and also more importantly a very worthwhile cause as hopefully we all agree.

If you would care to sponsor us please click on the following link.
    http://www.justgiving.com/michaelnicholson1

Thanking you all in anticipation.

Also will post the final distance and money raised on here when we have completed

2. I'm sorry I'm your only sponsor to date. Hope they keep coming.

Steve.

3. Cheers Steve, Its early days yet and also all the people down the gym are going to do there bit as well.

Nicks

4. Just sponsored you matey
    Best of Luck!

5. Will sponsor you when I am back on the puter, rather than the crackberry. But I found that promising to post pics of me in lycra when I did race for life certainly increased my sponsorship! Perhaps you might do the same!

6. Thanks Andrea,much appreciated.

As for me in Lycra,I would rather leave it to peoples vivid and weird imaginations !! :thumright:

7. A quick bounce to the top if you dont mind. :bounce:

8. Well we done it but it was a bit of a hard slog towards the end !!(Understatement there ! )

Looks like we raised about £500.00 in all when we tot up all the people who sponsored us on here and in the gym.

Feel free to put a few quid in still if you havent already and many thanks to all who have donated already to this cause.
    I will post a pic of us with the Big Cheque thing when all the money is collected.