Help for Heroes Big Battlefield Bike Ride

Discussion in 'Charity' started by shovel_recce, Dec 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

I am new to the Rum Ration but a regular to Arrse, this is my first post on your site and I am appealing to you guys to please sponsor me to raise money for a very poignant an worthwhile charity

I have been lucky enough to get a place on the Big Battlefield Bike Ride which is one of the charities official events, you can find out more about this event through the link above and also through my fund raising web page

Please give generously, all donations are gratefully received.

Many thanks

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

S_R, well done mate and best of luck. One of the RR regulars got blown up in the stan earlier this year and is doing the same bike ride, alot of us will be sponsoring him.

Best of luck.
  3. Ok mate, whats his RR name, I might look him up, do a bit of networking and all that..........!

As I said, all donations gratefully received (no matter how small).

4. wet_blobby

I'm getting shedded with him later mate, I'll get him to look you up. Also when I find my wallet after stumbling through the door last night I'll make a donation.

It's a worthy cause, well done.
  5. Thanks for your support.

6. im am blobbs mate thats on the bike ride ,we should have a chat to discuss the ride ,i've not started anything yet ,waiting to get the festivities out the way.
  7. Me too pongo

I havn't even got a bike yet, however I have managed to negotiate a very handsome discount on a new bike from my local bike store. The owner is an ex REME CSM, he has given me over 50% off a 2008 Kona Jake cyclocross bike (whatever that is?). In return I am advertising his shop, hence the link in my signature block.

Good to hear from fellow BBBR cyclists, I live in the south near Aldershot, maybe we can all get together for a day on the lash........ er! I mean a training cycle!

8. im based in abingdon ,was gonna do the ride on a mountain bike with road tyres,im gonna be slow any way because of my injuries,but will finish,training days n on the lash sounds good
  9. Yeh I am buggered too!

I had both of my legs (calves) operated on last xmas, the op didn't work so now I can no longer run or do any kind of high impact sport, so I thought I would do this instead!!

I am not going for any land speed record, I just want to complete it, raise lots of money for charity and have a good laugh too.

10. sounds the same as me ,i want to raise some cash for headly court been twice this year,back end of jan for another will be tough riding,in the evenings i plan to enjoy a couple of glasses of the local vino.should be a good event 300 riders of different ages should be a good experience.
  11. Just returned the compliment to you mate.

Good luck
  12. Thanks mate :thumright:
  13. update ,my local bike shop have donated a hybrid bike for me to use £500 worth,all i need to do is get out on it ,and sweat off the xmas pounds ,wet blobbys fault
  14. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Shaggy is there a link to donate for your intrepid journey, I've donated to Shovel_Recce via his link but saved some of my (not so) hard earned cash for you, how do I pay?
  15. cheiftiff ive pm'd you mate thanks
  16. wet_blobby

Rumour has it you've been wizzing around the village dressed as banana man shaggy? :batman:
  17. Unless its a state secret and you don't want the rest of us to sponsor you, might you be so kind as to post the linky please? I too would like to give you money!
  18. wet_blobby

C'mon shaggy, post the details so the sponsorship money can start flowing in, there's quite a few on here who'd like to donate.
  19. Sorry was'nt sure about putting my full name on here(so many Walts about)if you go to donate on their site but if you could put a personal message FAO Carol saying its a donation towards cpl Marcus Selvey so it can come off my pledge,when the ride starts it will be a year to the day may 26th that i got blown up last year,many thanks for your kindness

cheers Shaggy

yes blobbs started my training this week,im hurting all over to many pints with you