Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help for a medical appeal

I know there is probably loads od posts like rhis but at thw moment I am applying and have been stopped by a medical appeal and being a typical 16 year old i have no clue what to do with it.
I will have appeal evidence next month but dont know what else to do. Any advice would be appriciated.

soleil

War Hero
I know there is probably loads od posts like rhis but at thw moment I am applying and have been stopped by a medical appeal and being a typical 16 year old i have no clue what to do with it.
I will have appeal evidence next month but dont know what else to do. Any advice would be appriciated.

What kind of medical problem do you have, TSC?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Assuming you have all the relevant evidence, plonk it in an envelope addressed to the sender of your medical rejection letter, via your careers adviser in your local AFCO with a covering letter. (Take copies of everything you send...just in case)

Keep it short, polite & factually correct. Something like:
"AFCO Nonsuch
1 High Street
Nonsuch
DSC1 2PEE

Full Home Postal Address
UK

dd/mm/yyyyy

Dear Sir/Madam

Ref: TS Cleopatra URN: 100000xxxxxx dob: dd/mm/yyyy

Further to my medical rejection letter dated dd/mm/yyyy due to my last prescribed inhaler on dd/mm/yyyy, I wish to appeal the 48 month medical deferral period on the grounds that the inhaler was specifically prescribed for an upper respiratory tract infection on dd/mm/yyyy.

Please also find enclosed the relevant medical notes, together with a letter of confirmation from my GP to confirm the inhaler was not prescribed in relation to asthma, together with confirmation of completion of treatment.

Yours sincerely

TS"

Be aware medical records cannot be "removed or erased" but the GP can further add clarification to avoid ambiguity. If asthma signs & symptoms were present & their is a prior history of asthma, then the service is likely to err on the side of caution.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Naval Medical Appeal HELP! Joining the Royal Navy 3
sj25105815 Failed medical - Appeal outline help please. Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS Press release: More than 380,000 people in Gaza will receive live-saving medical treatment with help from UK aid MoD News 0
H im not sure if there is any point of appling because of medical HELP PLZ! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
D Medical help Joining the Royal Navy 2
J Help with Medical and thoughts Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
T5igger Help with medical (sorry!) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
C Medical help please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Muscle imbalance medical help Health & Fitness 4
L Unique Medical issue HELP Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
R Help needed medical deferral or fail? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
C Medical Branch help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S Medical help!! Health & Fitness 8
J Medical Help Health & Fitness 2
S Medical Test-Can someone please help? Health & Fitness 4
B Medical Officer Cadetship Forms! HELP! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
C Medical assistant (SM) Interview in a few weeks, help needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
T Need Help on the medical! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M NEWBIE MEDICAL HELP - DENTAL!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
D medical help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S Medical Assistant - All arms commando course - Help? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
C Aircrew Medical help... The Fleet Air Arm 13
Rum-dooer Help!............yet more medical worries Health & Fitness 14
MoD_RSS Community testing to help lift restrictions in highest tiers MoD News 0
C Can someone please help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
C Hi I need help Joining the Royal Navy 21
MoD_RSS Government steps in to help homeowners caught up in 'EWS1' process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government steps in to help homeowners caught up in 'ESW1' process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ocean mapping satellite to help UK scientists tackle climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government announces £300 million Sport Winter Survival Package to help spectator sports in England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Northumberland river users asked to help protect white-clawed crayfish MoD News 0
MoD_RSS We need business to help us get girls learning - and change the world: article by Baroness Sugg MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Help to Buy scheme open for business MoD News 0
Lemacque Service Record Help History 42
MoD_RSS £12.2 million boost for genomic surveillance to help stop transmission of COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Help Us, Help You’ campaign urges public not to ignore persistent tummy troubles MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New guidance to help UK digital firms engage safely and ethically with China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Help make Mottram’s £228 million bypass happen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £134 million boost to help UK businesses build back greener MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Marine Management Organisation (MMO) fast-tracks grants to help England’s ports and fishing industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defra launches the Healthy Bees Plan 2030 to help protect honey bees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 4,500 new Work Coaches to join the frontline to help Britain build back better MoD News 0
B Candidate Portal help Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS £29 million government funding to boost digital revolution and help keep people safe online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Action to help prevent vulnerable young people from becoming homeless MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stamp duty holiday continues to help hundreds of thousands of jobs after further 21.3% boost in September MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER Help! I'm not allowed in a High Security area..... Diamond Lil's 23
MoD_RSS Investing in foundation industries: help to back innovators MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMG launches Export Growth Plan to help businesses MoD News 0
A Submarine school help Submariners 14