Help - eye sight forms

Is there anybody that could give me a little guidance here!

Basically I have just been going over the medical questionnaire and eye sight test forms etc one last time before I send them off tomorrow and have noticed on the boots invoicing scheme form; they haven't filled out part b of the form (To be completed by boots practice colleague) which has branch number, colleague name, date etc on there.

Is this a big deal? Is it worth ringing boots to amend it? Everything else is fine - I.e optician report form

don't leave any guess work for the reviewer, right first time is the best policy, if Boots should have filled it then get them to do so.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Just return it as is to your AFCO, if there's anything amiss your AFCO will sort it, the payment issue isn't your problem. Just make sure the optician has graded your eyesight, rubber stamped your optician report form, signed & dated it before it's returned.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hi there

I got mine for free anyway as we know them.

I don’t need a refund just wondered as I got an email today saying it had to be boots?
As long as your optician grades your eyesight correctly, completes the form correctly, rubber stamps it, signs it & dates it, it'll be OK.

As long as your optician grades your eyesight correctly, completes the form correctly, rubber stamps it, signs it & dates it, it'll be OK.
I’m out in Portugal for works nd don’t return till end of February potentially middle of March.
And when I said to my AFCO I had done my eye test out here and got it properly done and sent it in he said something about boots so I worried it was going to delay he whole thing?
I could fly to London for a day to get it done in boots but that would cost a lot!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I’m out in Portugal for works nd don’t return till end of February potentially middle of March.
And when I said to my AFCO I had done my eye test out here and got it properly done and sent it in he said something about boots so I worried it was going to delay he whole thing?
I could fly to London for a day to get it done in boots but that would cost a lot!
Why not wait until you return to UK? If unavailable to attend your medical examination until back in UK, there's no rush for your optician report form.

If you are resident oveseas it's also worth checking with your AFCO with regards security clearance & whether or not you need a residency waiver because this can delay security clearance, without which, you cannot be allocated an entry date.

Okay will do all that on Monday.

I’m only here for 2 months been here since start of January.

I would go straight to medical examination anyway I would fly back for that I was just 100% confirming the optician report if it’s okay or not

Hi,
This is what AFCO SAID. Although it is going to be hard for me to get boots to do it out here.

Can i just send off my eyesight done by my local opticians as it is signed and dated etc.

Good morning George

I’ll post out your medical questionnaire and eyesight form today.

You will need to get your eye’s tested at Boots as they are contracted to perform our eye tests.

Complete the medical and eye sight forms, return them to the office and we can get the medical ball rolling while your application comes through the new system.

Kind Regards

Steve

Hi, Are you sure, MY AFCO is telling me Boots are the contracted, i know they dont look at my medical questionnaire or my opticians report, shall i just send what i have then?

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
Boots are contracted, correct. That means that Boots will undertake your test on production of the RN paperwork and won't charge you, they will charge the RN.

As Ninja_Stoker says above, you may provide a test properly documented, signed and stamped from another optician, normally you will have to pay for this at the time and reclaim the money.

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
Hi,

I have already paid, it was only 20£ due to being family friends opticians. So i can submit this i dont need to go to a boots?
As with everything, you need to clarify this with your AFCO as they are processing your application. What they say, goes.

Unfortunately it appears that the same policies and procedures are not followed uniformly on various recruitment issues, but for sure you are not supposed to be limited to Boots only.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R The Corps 4
R The Corps 1
R The Fleet 14