Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help and advice please!

Tommy-D16

Midshipman
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and was just looking for some information and opinion.. I'm interested in joint the RN as an engineer, I've always had a keen interest in engineering, and also the navy so it sort of makes sense.

Just wondering if there is any engineers on here.. or anyone who is in the know that could tell me the general day to day. I have ready up and down the forum at some different posts and there's some good stuff.

I'm 24, I have a mortgage with my partner and currently employed in a dead end job, with no real career progression so I don't really feel like I am fulfilling my own potential, I am enthusiastic, optimistic and very sporty.

Is the navy for me? My partner said go for it and she would be happy with the potential 3,4,5 month me away on operations, just want to know if people have had similar experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bizkit81 Please some advice to help me decide what to do next RFA 3
C Please help. New recruit advice desperate parent! Nearest & Dearest 2
B Need a little help and actual advice please! UPO 1
M Aet Help and advice Please The Fleet Air Arm 2
Young_Spike *** RM Jobs help/advice needed please *** The Corps 5
MoD_RSS New advice to help councils fight procurement fraud MoD News 0
B Advice and Help from a Brown Job Nearest & Dearest 41
MerseyMan Any advice/help? Western Approaches HQ History 0
E New to RFA needing a little advice and help RFA 19
matt93 HELP - advice needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
G interview help and advice RFA 4
M Help and advice needed!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
J A little help and advice would be beneficial. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
MG Maniac HELP!!!!! Techy advice required! Bloody Computers 6
blondemolotov American advice to help you decide where to go... Travel & The Great Outdoors 5
D Need help and advice with job choices Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
C Advice and Help on Med Discharge for wheat intolerance Health & Fitness 2
B help and advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
G Any help greatfully appreciated. Advice/info needed The Fleet Air Arm 12
M Urgent Help and Advice Needed! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
C Can someone please help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
C Hi I need help Joining the Royal Navy 21
MoD_RSS Government steps in to help homeowners caught up in 'EWS1' process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government steps in to help homeowners caught up in 'ESW1' process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ocean mapping satellite to help UK scientists tackle climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government announces £300 million Sport Winter Survival Package to help spectator sports in England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Northumberland river users asked to help protect white-clawed crayfish MoD News 0
MoD_RSS We need business to help us get girls learning - and change the world: article by Baroness Sugg MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Help to Buy scheme open for business MoD News 0
Lemacque Service Record Help History 42
MoD_RSS £12.2 million boost for genomic surveillance to help stop transmission of COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Help Us, Help You’ campaign urges public not to ignore persistent tummy troubles MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New guidance to help UK digital firms engage safely and ethically with China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Help make Mottram’s £228 million bypass happen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £134 million boost to help UK businesses build back greener MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Marine Management Organisation (MMO) fast-tracks grants to help England’s ports and fishing industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defra launches the Healthy Bees Plan 2030 to help protect honey bees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 4,500 new Work Coaches to join the frontline to help Britain build back better MoD News 0
B Candidate Portal help Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS £29 million government funding to boost digital revolution and help keep people safe online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Action to help prevent vulnerable young people from becoming homeless MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stamp duty holiday continues to help hundreds of thousands of jobs after further 21.3% boost in September MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER Help! I'm not allowed in a High Security area..... Diamond Lil's 23
MoD_RSS Investing in foundation industries: help to back innovators MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMG launches Export Growth Plan to help businesses MoD News 0
A Submarine school help Submariners 14
M Can you please Help reading naval record please Miscellaneous 9
M Help reading naval record please Miscellaneous 18
MoD_RSS Government pledges £1 Million in response to ITV's Help our Helplines campaign MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Landmark pension proposals will protect savers from scams and help tackle climate change MoD News 0