Help and advice needed!!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mead13, Oct 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone.

Just looking for some info. Ive just volunteered for 148 Battery RA but another branch that has been mentioned to me is the STC branch. I know there is loads of forums about this subject but obviously not much can be given away due to OPSPEC. Asked my DO for information but he is like a wet fart and didnt have a clue about it. Also spoke to my local AFCO but again they were none the wiser. Just wondering if someone could PM me with some info about this branch. Could not find the DIN either.

2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

An essential attribute required by all potential STC volunteers is the ability to use the search function.........all that can be revealed on here has been revealed already.
  3. tiddlyoggy

Incidentally, what branch, rank or rate is your DO?
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

5. Yeah trust me ive been searching long and hard to look for some recent up to date info. Most threads are a few years old now so looking for something more concrete. My Do is a LT CDR but doesnt really give to hoots regarding the career ambitions of his department. Just want to know how I go about trying to get on an aptitude course
  6. tiddlyoggy

Observation skills are also key for STC.........what branch is your DO?
  7. Cheers Ninja. Have already read this thread. Would my base WMO be able to help. Could not find the relevant DIN on DII so what I know about it is abit of a blur. I appreciate that the bare minimum can be discussed on an open forum due to the nature of the job but Im interested and would consider it an alternative to volunteering for 148 battery RA
  8. My DO is a WE officer (SM)
  9. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

He might still think it's LTC.
  10. Possibly but he didnt have a clue, neither did the AFCO who i spoke to
  11. tiddlyoggy

Definitely worth asking WMO, but I wouldn't necessarily expect a concrete answer. As has been said before, they normally find you, not you finding them.
  12. Mead13. What branch are you?
  13. I was going to ask that Drakey, also how long Mead13 has been in.
  14. Im a WE(SM) and i have been in for just shy of 3 years. Not happy in my current role and looking for a bigger challenge
  15. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It doesn't get any bigger than STC.
  16. It seems that way! Im just looking for abit more info about it