Help (Again!!)

#1
hey guys, i just applied to welbeck through the navy, i sen all my forms off and have completed the application form and all that so i was wondering, when i go down to visit welbeck should i just go in informal dress or formally, im not sure, thanks for the advice
 
#4
Cpt_Black said:
Wear a suit - it nevers hurts (unless it means borrowing your Dad's!)
eBay have cheap suits. I got the £350 marks and sparks one for £50 on there. I saw someone buying one 3 weeks later in M&S for full-price.

Tramp, if you have no suit...Look on eBay. 8)
 

Cpt_Black

Lantern Swinger
#5
I got mine from Matalan, also George (part of ASDA) do some good stuff for a budget.

For someone like myself, on a tight budget as a student, and possibly similar to your budget, it doesn't need to be an amazing suit. It needs to last for a few interviews/AIB, weddings etc. and when you're earning money you get get a better one if needed.
 
#6
My prefered rig for formal occasions is ballbag and spats plus a nice tie.I also don this rig when out raping and pillaging. This not just any old rig.......this is M&S posh skiddies n stuff
 
#7
Cpt_Black said:
I got mine from Matalan, also George (part of ASDA) do some good stuff for a budget.

For someone like myself, on a tight budget as a student, and possibly similar to your budget, it doesn't need to be an amazing suit. It needs to last for a few interviews/AIB, weddings etc. and when you're earning money you get get a better one if needed.
eBay for the win :D
 

slim

War Hero
#9
Nicks and flip flops, preferred rig for matelots. no nicks or flip flops then towel over the shoulder and steaming bats :oops:
 
#10
_Tim_ said:
Meet in the middle and go smart-casual unless they say otherwise.
i cant find anywhere in the prospectus or the web page where it says "wear smart clothing" so smart casual it is then, does this means like a smart shirt with some trousers (not jeans) or are jeans ok?

PS good luck with your psycometric test Tim :wink:
 
#12
Tramp_kidnapper said:
i cant find anywhere in the prospectus or the web page where it says "wear smart clothing" so smart casual it is then, does this means like a smart shirt with some trousers (not jeans) or are jeans ok?

PS good luck with your psycometric test Tim :wink:
How about a smart shirt, dark(not black), tidy jeans and polish your school shoes to an insane shine?

Good luck :)

PS good luck with your psycometric test Tim :wink:
Cheers :)
 

Cpt_Black

Lantern Swinger
#13
Lol, you'll look like you're on the pull!
By the way, black shoes with blue jeans are a definite no!
I still say wear a suit, I will in the week when I go for my medical.
Whatever you choose, good luck.
 
#14
Cpt_Black said:
Lol, you'll look like you're on the pull!
By the way, black shoes with blue jeans are a definite no!
I still say wear a suit, I will in the week when I go for my medical.
Whatever you choose, good luck.
haha well played. But he's in year 11. It's what year 11s do :thumright:

So I don't need to start a new thread, I'll piggyback on this one. Should I wear a suit to the psychometric or is it just a t-shirt and jeans event?
 

Cpt_Black

Lantern Swinger
#15
If he's in year 11 (missed the Welbeck bit) then wear school uniform if you don't have a suit, with highly polished shoes.

For a test, interview whatever, what harm can it do to wear a suit? And what good can it do?
 
#16
Cpt_Black said:
If he's in year 11 (missed the Welbeck bit) then wear school uniform if you don't have a suit, with highly polished shoes.
That's a very good point. On the other hand, though, they might want to see maturity. To me, the uniform wouldn't portray that


For a test, interview whatever, what harm can it do to wear a suit? And what good can it do?
Just make me look like a tool that's trying way too hard to impress...Not that trying to impress is bad.
 

Cpt_Black

Lantern Swinger
#18
_Tim_ said:
Cpt_Black said:
If he's in year 11 (missed the Welbeck bit) then wear school uniform if you don't have a suit, with highly polished shoes.
That's a very good point. On the other hand, though, they might want to see maturity. To me, the uniform wouldn't portray that
To show maturity, don't prance around on the grass during a break in the day, don't act like a [email protected] Wearing a school uniform wont make you look immature in my opinion - quite the reverse.


_Tim_ said:
For a test, interview whatever, what harm can it do to wear a suit? And what good can it do?
Just make me look like a tool that's trying way too hard to impress...Not that trying to impress is bad.
I think you do enough of that yourself. Wearing a suit might go some way to alleviate the damage!
 
#20
_Tim_ said:
4to8 said:
It might not be a good idea to wear shiny shoes with that kilt Tim/Kim ,people will see yer nuptial region
I won't be wearing the skirt. I'll wear a suit. With trousers.
A suit. With trousers? won't you look a little over-dressed? The suit should do,but I suppose the extra trousers will make you look meatier. By that reckoning would wearing two pairs of shoes be of any benefit?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads