help after being dudt

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chrismonc87, Jul 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all
    yesterday i got dudt from raleigh and i am 100% sure i want to get back there asap LT CDR H*** (OCIRT) said i have to wait 2 years till i can reaply is there anyway i can sorten the time so i can get back in the mod asap. i have been given a good report from my dto and di and all the other div staff have as well.
  2. what's dudt?
  3. discharged unsuitable during training
  4. and was this through lack of fitness or a medical condition
  5. neither only went sick bay once and got 10:21 on rnft 24press ups due to injury at time and maxed out on sit ups. it was for kit org.
  6. seems harsh mate
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Sorry to hear of your circumstances.

Individuals are given every opportunity to address their perceived shortcomings prior to discharge & are formally warned of the reasons & implications of being Discharged Unsuitable During Training (Or 'sacked' in common parlance).

We've noted an increase of Recruits arriving physically unprepared.

As an equal opportunities employer, it's accepted that individuals may change their ways, but if the Officer in Charge states two years, then two years it is unfortunately.
  8. yeah thts what every one in civi street has said but i agree with the out come. and will move t back in asap
  9. does that mean i have to wait two years till i can go back to afco or should i go back every few months
  10. as ninja said chris I think if he said two years that will be final,unless there's an appeal process?
  11. cheers guy i understand that just would it help if i went to the afco and say im still intersted in joing the andrew
  12. ok thanks in the mean time is there any thing i can do which will help my case for rejoining the andrew
  13. Ninja_Stoker

The individual is invited to state any complaint or appeal at the time of a series of warnings & again before the subsequent discharge. A retrospective appeal is not permissable.
  14. Ninja_Stoker

As stated, two years must elapse before a fresh application can be accepted for Naval Services.

There is nothing to stop an individual applying to join the RAF or Army now, should they choose, but previous service history maybe taken into consideration ith regard the selection decision.
  15. i wont be appealing i accepted why i got dudt.
    just wish i could join quicker. also my di was annoyed/angry that my afco didnt send me on an rnac as she said it would have helped me
  16. This is the most diplomatic "You fuckin blew it" statement I have seen in years.
    BZ Ninja :wink: :roll: :D

No reply expected :wink:
  17. l fair play good reply rum rat. lol id rather jump in the sea at pier cellars and lie in there for a day then join the rif or pongos lol
  18. That's a bit odd. Your divisonal staff gave you a good report but you were still discharged unsuitable during training. They are the one's who would have recommended your discharge and then received the support of the command to make it so. Now tell us the real story.
  19. Ninja_Stoker

To be honest Chris, not wishing to add to the hurt, but the RPC lasts 4 days & an element includes "how to iron". All recruits are usually taught this anyway during their 9 weeks phase one training & if needs be training extensions are given for those who cannot make the grade upon subsequent repeated attempts.

If your DI truly felt that your discharge was directly due to not attending an RPC, then it would seem the RPC can achieve in 4 days what Raleigh cannot achieve in 9 weeks. Ironcally Raleigh used to have a New Entry division which was removed from phase one training and replaced by a voluntary (unpaid) RPC.

All applicants are advised by AFCOs to learn basic washing & ironing skills together with the need to physically prepare for the fitness & swimming standards and it's also in writing, within the joining letter. I've yet to hear of an AFCO declining a request to attend an RPC although admittedly the offer of an RPC can be enveloped in the plethora of additional help & advice offered by your AFCO.
  20. Sorry to correct you Ninja, but an individual has up to 3 months from date of discharge to put in a complaint regarding the dismissal. While the individual can not complain about the decision to DUDT, they can complain about the length of time before they may re-apply for the navy and request a shorter time limit be placed on them.