Hello

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Merlin28, Feb 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just thought I would say hello. I am applying for AET at the moment and looking forward to a life in the blue machine.

2. Hello Merlin and welcome to RR. My wife loves your show on the telly.

3. Sorry thats not me, thats the girlfriend ha ha (probably ex if she sees this)

4. Hey and welcome, AET another 1 lol... some more competition for me!!!!

Happy hunting and good luck in your application, just hope i get there before you :)

5. Yeah there seems to be a long wait for jobs into the Navy at the moment oh well I guess it's because no one wants to leave.

6. I know you could'nt blame them... Well hopefully sooner rather than later we get the chance to patrol the oceans :)

What stage you off the process are you at??

7. I just have medical and PJFT to pass

8. Oh your well ahead, I'm only starting :(

If you have any useful tips for me regarding RT right to the end of the process..would be GREAT!!!!

Let me know how it goes for you Merlin

9. I found the mechanics questions the toughest in the RT, but if you did D & T at school it should be a help. There were a few questions on pulleys and boat stability like in the example booklet but if you dont panic the answer is quite often just common sense.

The maths can come as quite a shock if you have been out of school for a while. I found it useful to get used to some mental maths before the RT, so I dig out an old GCSE text book and tried to refresh myself a bit.

10. Also Study the book the recruiters give you and there are some good tips in the sticky section on this site also. For me the maths was the hardest not because it was difficult, it was just the size of the numbers you had to divide and multiply with. Which is fine with a calculator but with the clock ticking and having to do it mentally I found it difficult.