Hello

I'm the Hosemonkey. 22 years USN(Ret.) Had to pass my two cents about the HMS Cornwall screwup. We had a similar balls-up in 1968 when I was in Vietnam involving the USS Pueblo. They were sent into an ambush, thoroughly outgunned and unsupported. They could have fought back and be killed and sunk. The Skipper (Whom I met in 1975) made a hard choice and was villified for it. A lot of folks who never heard a shot fired in anger made a lot of stupid assumptions. Don't criticize unless you been there. Warm regards RN,
Dave Jones USN (Ret.) ex-PBR sailor.

wet_blobby

War Hero
hosemonkey said:
I'm the Hosemonkey. 22 years USN(Ret.) Had to pass my two cents about the HMS Cornwall screwup. We had a similar balls-up in 1968 when I was in Vietnam involving the USS Pueblo. They were sent into an ambush, thoroughly outgunned and unsupported. They could have fought back and be killed and sunk. The Skipper (Whom I met in 1975) made a hard choice and was villified for it. A lot of folks who never heard a shot fired in anger made a lot of stupid assumptions. Don't criticize unless you been there. Warm regards RN,
Dave Jones USN (Ret.) ex-PBR sailor.
Thought that was Korea

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The Fleet 9
anuvverarrser Current Affairs 42
D Submariners 35