hello

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by martin87, Jan 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello, my name is martin and im new to this! i was wandering if any one knows any where you can buy or have made a royal marines number ones outfit. its for my grandad who is an ex-marine and for his birthday i would like to get him it as he can wear it for my sisters wedding.
    any comments will be appreciated
    martin

2. Could always try ebay. Don't know of the legality of wearing service uniform once a person has left the service though.

3. I cant see any problems as long as the Uniform doesnt have Insignia and Awards that the wearer isnt entitled to wear.A lot of the Vets on the Rememberance Day Parade still sport theirs.

4. Uncle Albert used to wear his to the pub!

5. Could try a hire shop or Army/Navy store maybe??

6. thanks for your responce, i have tried ebay, i have found a couple but the only problem is size! He has shrunk and lost weight since the marines. if you know of any where that can make them that would be great.

7. \you might try the RM Association,they maybe able to assist you.

8. Try Tailor Lee in Queens St Portsmouth

9. or give Andy's Army/Navy gov surplus in North End a call.

10. I'm another newbie and thought this might be a quiet spot where I could make a test post.

11. You passed... :grin:

12. Just to let all know I was able to get one for £12.99, I think thats a good deal! Thanks for all your help!

13. Take a photo of him at his birthday and show us! Glad you got one.