Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello to everyone....

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Jarhead said:
oil? nah, as my Grandfather said "us Yanks are overpaid, oversexed and overpaid" - that goes double for the Marines. if you're wife or gf is hot, we'll take her.
Jarhead send details of address etc and she's on the next plane, Kiwi (ex)surfie chick so you may have probs understanding her but perseverence pays off I've been married to her for 13 years (You get less for murder) and can now have a conversation without having to ask for sub titles :lol: .
Welcome aboard, just think if your descendents hadn't moved to the states you could have been a proper Marine, never mind at least you tried 8O .
NZB

Jarhead

War Hero
NZ_Bootneck said:
Jarhead said:
oil? nah, as my Grandfather said "us Yanks are overpaid, oversexed and overpaid" - that goes double for the Marines. if you're wife or gf is hot, we'll take her.
Jarhead send details of address etc and she's on the next plane, Kiwi (ex)surfie chick so you may have probs understanding her but perseverence pays off I've been married to her for 13 years (You get less for murder) and can now have a conversation without having to ask for sub titles :lol: .
Welcome aboard, just think if your descendents hadn't moved to the states you could have been a proper Marine, never mind at least you tried 8O .
NZB

tried? oh please, you have to improve your organization, not stay in the 1800's :p.

It's sure been fun so far :D.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
aussiepint said:
Welcome Jarhead.
I'm a nurse, Australian, live in UK and got my tattoo in Chorley, so you should understand the lingo just fine :) Just go with the flow and give as much as you get. It's a good bunch here.

Nearly missed this one, have we discussed the tatto Pinta???????

pierheadjump

Midshipman
Well said dondon, and you are perfeckly correct about the leather collar jar head but it was more than that, it saves u from slit throats during the night. slightly

Welcome Jarhead. I'm originally from your granny's neck of the woods and now reside in London. Personally only an academic involvement in things military though many family connections and 'personal relationships' (moving swiftly on...)

I'm often found in Lil's and as I'm a francophile have obviously been referred to several times as a 'cheese eating surrender monkey'. As I see it lots of people here feel a natural insecurity regarding the superior climate, countryside, cuisine and culture of our nearest neighbours. (Someone will make a joke about the Welsh now :roll: ). The reason I stayed is I think that the humour here is similar to that of people from the north of England - born in adversity forged in the fires of whatever ....

If you pop into Lil's the first question will be 'are you a Walt?' the 2nd 'got any naked pics?' I replied 'bugger off' to both questions being (vaguely still recognisable as) female.

I'm in a foreign land within my own country here re lingo but they have been relatively gently with me ;) - strongly suspect this will not be the case for you - bienvenue mate

GR

Stripey_G

War Hero
golden_rivet said:
Welcome Jarhead. I'm originally from your granny's neck of the woods and now reside in London. Personally only an academic involvement in things military though many family connections and 'personal relationships' (moving swiftly on...)

I'm often found in Lil's and as I'm a francophile have obviously been referred to several times as a 'cheese eating surrender monkey'. As I see it lots of people here feel a natural insecurity regarding the superior climate, countryside, cuisine and culture of our nearest neighbours. (Someone will make a joke about the Welsh now :roll: ). The reason I stayed is I think that the humour here is similar to that of people from the north of England - born in adversity forged in the fires of whatever ....

If you pop into Lil's the first question will be 'are you a Walt?' the 2nd 'got any naked pics?' I replied 'bugger off' to both questions being (vaguely still recognisable as) female.

I'm in a foreign land within my own country here re lingo but they have been relatively gently with me ;) - strongly suspect this will not be the case for you - bienvenue mate

GR

That was a bit of a mouth-full eh Goldie?? Then again, did hear you could take a mouthfull..!! :wink: :wink:

as an exWAFU of my aquaintance says ... stay serene and smile at all times :roll:

gosh Jarhead awfully convenient your gran and grandad meeting in 42 at the start of WW2 was he involved in saving Europe ??? :wink: :wink: :wink:

wet_blobby said:
so those naked phots NZB showed me where'nt you then goldie....... 8O :lol:

Why were they white and wooly?

Welcome jarhead, I see yu have worked out how to join in the fun.

Enjoy.

Always_a_Civvy said:
Welcome onboard Jarhead! Most people over here are more knowledgeable about Chorley Cakes than the place itself.

Prefer ECCLES CAKES to CHORLEY.

Not forgetting Rivington Pike a nice fell race for them there athletic types. Done many years ago poor ex wifey got stuck in the bog but the race had to go on you have to think of the club silent breakfasts for a few days later.

Jarhead

War Hero
golden_rivet said:
as an exWAFU of my aquaintance says ... stay serene and smile at all times :roll:

gosh Jarhead awfully convenient your gran and grandad meeting in 42 at the start of WW2 was he involved in saving Europe ??? :wink: :wink: :wink:

LOL

Actually they met before Pearl Harbor day; he was an aircraft mechanic hired in the U.S. to help you guys with ground maintenance during the Battle of Britain and was in England from 1940 to 1946.

Jarhead

War Hero
haha, also, he got drafted while he was over there, so they said to him: "Ok, May, you can either go back to the U.S. on a ship, go to boot camp, then come back to England, or you can go to boot camp here in England". he chose the England route.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Hello everyone, I’m a new member seeking help on Verbal test Joining the Royal Navy 12
P Hello everyone, my son is starting basic training. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
P Hello Everyone! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
T hello everyone Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
S Hello everyone Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
A Hello Everyone new to this site Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
P Hello everyone! Current Affairs 5
soleil Mail: "RM Chiefs Spark Fury By Offering £10,000 'Golden Hello' Payments To Former Commandos To Rejoin" The Corps 15
Richbomber Submariner Golden Hello £15k Submariners 12
C hello guys i was wondering....... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
Njs71 Saying hello... RFA 10
soleil Hello Magazine: "Prince Philip's Birthday To Get Extraordinary Treatment" The Corps 19
BillyNoMates Hello 2014 Diamond Lil's 12
J Hello and HMS Tiptoe Submariners 14
W Hello .. my name Dick Chaytor and i am trying to find anyone who were class mates of Blogs 31
BillyNoMates Hello The Gash Barge 8
N Hello and Thank You!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
K Submariner 'Golden Hello' Submariners 3
S Security clearance and hello :) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
W hello guys and girls Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Rachelthree Hello.... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
B Hello from Torpoint Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
G Golden Hello Submariners 4
A Hello all you submariners :) Submariners 8
S Golden hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
W Hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
P In-service degrees/training opps; hello! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
soleil Gdn: "'Hello Mum, I'm On Rockall': The £100bn Piece Of Rock" Current Affairs 28
howfen_lad Hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 43
otherguy just a hello really Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
fishcakebreadcake Hello from an old newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
M Hello Everybody Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
wet_blobby Hello Perce Diamond Lil's 12
G Hello there.. The Corps 5
Andy_Cap Hello There Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
F Quick Hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
E Hello!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
D Hello all! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
D Hello. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Topaz Hello The Quarterdeck 8
B Hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
Merlin28 Hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
R Hello Diamond Lil's 19