hello shipmates

J

JackFrost

G'day to all you RNers. Hope you don't mind an ex RAN foriegner dropping in. Doing a bit of late night net surfing and found this site. I was at Dolphin in 77 doing SM part 1 and 2 and then joined HMAS Otama in Greenock as commissioning crew. Spent some time in Faslane and later in 88 spent time on exchange at Cambridge. Names like Diamond Lils and Boobs bring back some fond memories!

G

JackFrost said:
G'day to all you RNers. Hope you don't mind an ex RAN foriegner dropping in. Doing a bit of late night net surfing and found this site. I was at Dolphin in 77 doing SM part 1 and 2 and then joined HMAS Otama in Greenock as commissioning crew. Spent some time in Faslane and later in 88 spent time on exchange at Cambridge. Names like Diamond Lils and Boobs bring back some fond memories!
G'die to you too,

I served in Dolphin in the very early 70s and had the privilige of sharing a messdeck with some of you Oz guys - refreshing !!

They were training for the Ojibway and Onondaga I think - one of them had an accident throwing snowballs because he had never seen in snow back home.
We smuggled a bottle of rum into Haslar for him to recuperate with :lol: