Hello from down 'ere.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Jul 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Hello, thought I'd swing by as I had the chance. Well it's going really well down here, I reckon I've finally found Gods country, I certainly have found the necter of the Gods and it's called Spieghts.
    Since I arrived down here NZB and Mrs NZB took me under there wing and have been brilliant, I dont know who leads who astray though, me or NZB, little miss NZB is fab as well, she gives me a great excuse to have icecream in the freezer on a perminant bases.....

I started work about 4 days after arriving and just haven't stopped, the trucks are quiet alot different from the UK, the roads certainly are! It is real big boy driving overhear at times, no cruising on the motoway for me. I've spent most of my time so far in hotels at the company I work for's expense covering for the cronic lack of drivers everywhere, that's been great and I've seen the country from top to bottom and been getting paid for it. I'm currently in the north Island dealing with the desert road every night (the central high bit thats forever getting closed by snow) The only downside is I'm not able to put down roots where I've got a house down south, but that will happen soon so I'll be able to do normal things like become a pub regular, have a computer, fall out with the nieghbours etc.

I would really recommend New Zealand to anyone who is toying with the idea of making the move, it's a wonderful place if you have the right attitude, the countryside is stunning, people are great and the beer is top banana. The trucks aint bad either, I'm driving a western Star, which is basically a long nose, twin stack american truck, think the film convoy and you'll get the picture.

I expect to be online more regularly from the end of august so stand by yer beds, as they say over here, everythings good and I'm sweet as.

2. Hi Blobbs

As i stated in another thread, welcome back mate its been decidedly quiet since you fcuked orf!! Its great to know your getting on so well in NZ having made the move following what happened last year.

Great news mate

XRD

3. So, WB's bombing around NZ...in one of these?
    Has anyone informed the entire New Zealand
    population yet?
    A stonkin' First-Class motor- hope yours looks
    like this....a bit.
    Great to hear you're doing your bit for NZ's
    road safety policy, and increasing their road-kill
    quota no doubt.

[​IMG]

4. Get yerself back to Dunners sharpish mate, Grannies/Mongs night at Heffs ain't the same without you. :thumright: :clap: :blush: :blush: :blush:

5. wet_blobby

Yep, just like my truck except mine now has a slight dent in it......woops, Heffs.....where beer makes ugly men attractive and special needs women..well..special, cant wait to see you strutting yer stuff and shaking your tail feather again in there NZB..... :dwarf:

6. Joe's gagging for it, he says it's the gum job that did it for him!! o_O :biggrin: :drool: :dwarf:

7. Nice to see you doing well blobs, what are the sheep like? (well i am Welsh)

8. Great to hear from you again Blobbs, thought things had gone quiet after yor early exploits.

Good luck and enjoy.

9. Two of WB's "Conquests" eagerly await his return:-

This one "needs" the front of WB's truck, to keep her Fun-Bags horizontal

[​IMG]

This one says she "needs" more lessons in Naked Roll-Mat Fighting :-

[​IMG]

10. Kia Ora W.B.

See I told you so!!

All the truckers have gone over to OZ for the big money.

Do they still have that "YOU KILL IT WE GRILL IT" at the food outlets. Grilled possum is to die for W.B.

Have they finished the overhang at Arthurs Pass to deflect the boulders?. That viaduct in the high winds is totally all awesome on a mountain bike to quote the seps.

11. wet_blobby

Yep, shedloads of truckers have gone over the ditch chasing the aussie dollar, loads of truckin jobs on offer overhere if anyone wants them and aint scared of hard work and long hours. Arthurs pass, not had the 'pleasure" as yet, been doing the desert road and the "3 sisters"....stand fast, its a series of hairpin bends on an alpine road....for the last 3 months, back down south now, I'll mellow out and catch my breath on the canturbery plains for a while, much more gentle on the heart.

Down in Dunners for the weekend, that nice fellow NZB has invited me round for tea and medals.....so we'll get p1ssed and hopefully wont get arrested this time, if he plays his cards right I wont even swamp the spare bed.... :w00t: :thumright:

12. You'll face the wrath of her indoors if you do mate...rather you than me!