Hello from an old newbie

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by fishcakebreadcake, Jul 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just like to say a quick hello and introduce myself.
    Been in the RN over 19 years now and ive only just found this site (although when i joined up computers were hardly around :) )
    Served on nothing but small ships all my career and i'm currently on my last sea draft which will finnish this Christmas.
    Look forward to posting and maybe being some help to those starting out in the best job in the world :D

2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Welcome aboard shipmate, I don't get your post though-you're currently on your last sea draft, yet it finished last Christmas? So are you still in that draft or not? :?

3. Cheers for the welcome mate. I've adjusted my first post :oops: :oops:
    Wish i had finished the draft :?

4. Hello shippers,

welcome and enjoy :D

5. Small ships, brilliant! None of those nasty big grey things or worse those funny black sinking things 8O
    Welcome.

6. Welcome to Rum Ration, FCBC!

:)

7. You trying to upset every one on here Sussex :twisted: Card marked :wink:

Welcome to the site FCBC

8. welcome aboard shippers.

9. Another welcome aboard mate. Ye small ships are best.

10. Moi? Not ever and in complete honesty.
    Comment based on 2+ years in absolute heaven on the smallist ship in the RN.
    It was a stinking and foul smelling heap of a tub, and, shock of shocks, put in more sea time than those horrible big grey and black things.
    But I still have a bit of fondness (don't get too excited about the fondness bit) and it was a damned good time.

11. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I don't want to hijack FCBC's thread, but having just spent my first year, having done 24, on a small ship, I must agree, everyone should do one small ship at some point I think.

12. FCBC - Welcome from me as well. What types of small ships were you in? By the way, small ships rock!

(Did I really say that last bit out loud?)

13. Welcome, but are you not more of a new Oldbie? :roll: :oops:

14. Cheers for the welcome fellas. I started of with a Ton then all Hunt boats apart from one Island class.

Not sure they "rock" though mate :D

15. My recollection of "Sweepers crews", was that after a time it became hard to tell which were actually the "Real" dogs. :twisted: :roll: :D
    After all they were all barking. :roll: :wink:

16. As in Rock & Roll: The TONs rolled on wet grass and the Hunts certainly rock in any sea. :)

Have you joined the TCA? If you're MW, there is also the MWA. Both highly recommended for the standard of their social gatherings around the UK.

17. Once again you have it exactly correct :lol: And I'm still barking and a dog to boot!
    Sadly most Ley class ships are long since deceased except one or two that have been made into gin palaces.

18. Now you be careful replying to my posts, your not going to cause trouble again are you and get the thread locked or drafted.? :roll: :oops: :D

19. Moi? No, that would be pretentious.

20. Time to get pretentious, I have just imortalised you in my song.
    You will get knighted,.......or is that knotted? ....my spelling??? :D :D :D