Hello from an old newbie

#1
Just like to say a quick hello and introduce myself.
Been in the RN over 19 years now and ive only just found this site (although when i joined up computers were hardly around :) )
Served on nothing but small ships all my career and i'm currently on my last sea draft which will finnish this Christmas.
Look forward to posting and maybe being some help to those starting out in the best job in the world :D
 

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#2
Welcome aboard shipmate, I don't get your post though-you're currently on your last sea draft, yet it finished last Christmas? So are you still in that draft or not? :?
 
#7
sussex2 said:
Small ships, brilliant! None of those nasty big grey things or worse those funny black sinking things 8O
Welcome.
You trying to upset every one on here Sussex :twisted: Card marked :wink:

Welcome to the site FCBC
 
#10
WreckerL said:
sussex2 said:
Small ships, brilliant! None of those nasty big grey things or worse those funny black sinking things 8O
Welcome.
You trying to upset every one on here Sussex :twisted: Card marked :wink:

Welcome to the site FCBC
Moi? Not ever and in complete honesty.
Comment based on 2+ years in absolute heaven on the smallist ship in the RN.
It was a stinking and foul smelling heap of a tub, and, shock of shocks, put in more sea time than those horrible big grey and black things.
But I still have a bit of fondness (don't get too excited about the fondness bit) and it was a damned good time.
 

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#11
sussex2 said:
Comment based on 2+ years in absolute heaven on the smallist ship in the RN.
It was a stinking and foul smelling heap of a tub, and, shock of shocks, put in more sea time than those horrible big grey and black things.
But I still have a bit of fondness (don't get too excited about the fondness bit) and it was a damned good time.
I don't want to hijack FCBC's thread, but having just spent my first year, having done 24, on a small ship, I must agree, everyone should do one small ship at some point I think.
 
#13
fishcakebreadcake said:
Just like to say a quick hello and introduce myself.
Been in the RN over 19 years now and ive only just found this site (although when i joined up computers were hardly around :) )
Served on nothing but small ships all my career and i'm currently on my last sea draft which will finnish this Christmas.
Look forward to posting and maybe being some help to those starting out in the best job in the world :D
Welcome, but are you not more of a new Oldbie? :roll: :oops:
 
#14
Naval_Gazer said:
FCBC - Welcome from me as well. What types of small ships were you in? By the way, small ships rock!

(Did I really say that last bit out loud?)
Cheers for the welcome fellas. I started of with a Ton then all Hunt boats apart from one Island class.

Not sure they "rock" though mate :D
 
#15
fishcakebreadcake said:
Naval_Gazer said:
FCBC - Welcome from me as well. What types of small ships were you in? By the way, small ships rock!

(Did I really say that last bit out loud?)
Cheers for the welcome fellas. I started of with a Ton then all Hunt boats apart from one Island class.

Not sure they "rock" though mate :D
My recollection of "Sweepers crews", was that after a time it became hard to tell which were actually the "Real" dogs. :twisted: :roll: :D
After all they were all barking. :roll: :wink:
 
#16
fishcakebreadcake said:
Naval_Gazer said:
FCBC - Welcome from me as well. What types of small ships were you in? By the way, small ships rock!

(Did I really say that last bit out loud?)
Cheers for the welcome fellas. I started of with a Ton then all Hunt boats apart from one Island class.

Not sure they "rock" though mate :D
As in Rock & Roll: The TONs rolled on wet grass and the Hunts certainly rock in any sea. :)

Have you joined the TCA? If you're MW, there is also the MWA. Both highly recommended for the standard of their social gatherings around the UK.
 
#17
Rumrat said:
fishcakebreadcake said:
Naval_Gazer said:
FCBC - Welcome from me as well. What types of small ships were you in? By the way, small ships rock!

(Did I really say that last bit out loud?)
Cheers for the welcome fellas. I started of with a Ton then all Hunt boats apart from one Island class.

Not sure they "rock" though mate :D
My recollection of "Sweepers crews", was that after a time it became hard to tell which were actually the "Real" dogs. :twisted: :roll: :D
After all they were all barking. :roll: :wink:
Once again you have it exactly correct :lol: And I'm still barking and a dog to boot!
Sadly most Ley class ships are long since deceased except one or two that have been made into gin palaces.
 
#18
sussex2 said:
Rumrat said:
fishcakebreadcake said:
Naval_Gazer said:
FCBC - Welcome from me as well. What types of small ships were you in? By the way, small ships rock!

(Did I really say that last bit out loud?)
Cheers for the welcome fellas. I started of with a Ton then all Hunt boats apart from one Island class.

Not sure they "rock" though mate :D
My recollection of "Sweepers crews", was that after a time it became hard to tell which were actually the "Real" dogs. :twisted: :roll: :D
After all they were all barking. :roll: :wink:
Once again you have it exactly correct :lol: And I'm still barking and a dog to boot!
Sadly most Ley class ships are long since deceased except one or two that have been made into gin palaces.
Now you be careful replying to my posts, your not going to cause trouble again are you and get the thread locked or drafted.? :roll: :oops: :D
 
#19
Rumrat said:
sussex2 said:
Rumrat said:
fishcakebreadcake said:
Naval_Gazer said:
FCBC - Welcome from me as well. What types of small ships were you in? By the way, small ships rock!

(Did I really say that last bit out loud?)
Cheers for the welcome fellas. I started of with a Ton then all Hunt boats apart from one Island class.

Not sure they "rock" though mate :D
My recollection of "Sweepers crews", was that after a time it became hard to tell which were actually the "Real" dogs. :twisted: :roll: :D
After all they were all barking. :roll: :wink:
Once again you have it exactly correct :lol: And I'm still barking and a dog to boot!
Sadly most Ley class ships are long since deceased except one or two that have been made into gin palaces.
Now you be careful replying to my posts, your not going to cause trouble again are you and get the thread locked or drafted.? :roll: :oops: :D
Moi? No, that would be pretentious.
 
#20
sussex2 said:
Rumrat said:
sussex2 said:
Rumrat said:
fishcakebreadcake said:
Naval_Gazer said:
FCBC - Welcome from me as well. What types of small ships were you in? By the way, small ships rock!

(Did I really say that last bit out loud?)
Cheers for the welcome fellas. I started of with a Ton then all Hunt boats apart from one Island class.

Not sure they "rock" though mate :D
My recollection of "Sweepers crews", was that after a time it became hard to tell which were actually the "Real" dogs. :twisted: :roll: :D
After all they were all barking. :roll: :wink:
Once again you have it exactly correct :lol: And I'm still barking and a dog to boot!
Sadly most Ley class ships are long since deceased except one or two that have been made into gin palaces.
Now you be careful replying to my posts, your not going to cause trouble again are you and get the thread locked or drafted.? :roll: :oops: :D
Moi? No, that would be pretentious.
Time to get pretentious, I have just imortalised you in my song.
You will get knighted,.......or is that knotted? ....my spelling??? :D :D :D
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Richbomber Submariners 12
K Submariners 3
G Submariners 4

Similar threads

Latest Threads