Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from an old newbie

Just like to say a quick hello and introduce myself.
Been in the RN over 19 years now and ive only just found this site (although when i joined up computers were hardly around :) )
Served on nothing but small ships all my career and i'm currently on my last sea draft which will finnish this Christmas.
Look forward to posting and maybe being some help to those starting out in the best job in the world :D

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Welcome aboard shipmate, I don't get your post though-you're currently on your last sea draft, yet it finished last Christmas? So are you still in that draft or not? :?

Small ships, brilliant! None of those nasty big grey things or worse those funny black sinking things 8O
Welcome.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
sussex2 said:
Small ships, brilliant! None of those nasty big grey things or worse those funny black sinking things 8O
Welcome.

You trying to upset every one on here Sussex :twisted: Card marked :wink:

Welcome to the site FCBC

WreckerL said:
sussex2 said:
Welcome.

You trying to upset every one on here Sussex :twisted: Card marked :wink:

Welcome to the site FCBC

Moi? Not ever and in complete honesty.
Comment based on 2+ years in absolute heaven on the smallist ship in the RN.
It was a stinking and foul smelling heap of a tub, and, shock of shocks, put in more sea time than those horrible big grey and black things.
But I still have a bit of fondness (don't get too excited about the fondness bit) and it was a damned good time.

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
sussex2 said:
Comment based on 2+ years in absolute heaven on the smallist ship in the RN.
It was a stinking and foul smelling heap of a tub, and, shock of shocks, put in more sea time than those horrible big grey and black things.
But I still have a bit of fondness (don't get too excited about the fondness bit) and it was a damned good time.

I don't want to hijack FCBC's thread, but having just spent my first year, having done 24, on a small ship, I must agree, everyone should do one small ship at some point I think.

FCBC - Welcome from me as well. What types of small ships were you in? By the way, small ships rock!

(Did I really say that last bit out loud?)

Rumrat

War Hero
fishcakebreadcake said:
Just like to say a quick hello and introduce myself.
Been in the RN over 19 years now and ive only just found this site (although when i joined up computers were hardly around :) )
Served on nothing but small ships all my career and i'm currently on my last sea draft which will finnish this Christmas.
Look forward to posting and maybe being some help to those starting out in the best job in the world :D

Welcome, but are you not more of a new Oldbie? :roll: :oops:

Naval_Gazer said:
FCBC - Welcome from me as well. What types of small ships were you in? By the way, small ships rock!

Cheers for the welcome fellas. I started of with a Ton then all Hunt boats apart from one Island class.

Not sure they "rock" though mate :D

Rumrat

War Hero
fishcakebreadcake said:
Naval_Gazer said:

Cheers for the welcome fellas. I started of with a Ton then all Hunt boats apart from one Island class.

My recollection of "Sweepers crews", was that after a time it became hard to tell which were actually the "Real" dogs. :twisted: :roll: :D
After all they were all barking. :roll: :wink:

fishcakebreadcake said:
Naval_Gazer said:

As in Rock & Roll: The TONs rolled on wet grass and the Hunts certainly rock in any sea. :)

Have you joined the TCA? If you're MW, there is also the MWA. Both highly recommended for the standard of their social gatherings around the UK.

Rumrat said:
fishcakebreadcake said:
Naval_Gazer said:

My recollection of "Sweepers crews", was that after a time it became hard to tell which were actually the "Real" dogs. :twisted: :roll: :D

Once again you have it exactly correct :lol: And I'm still barking and a dog to boot!
Sadly most Ley class ships are long since deceased except one or two that have been made into gin palaces.

Rumrat

War Hero
sussex2 said:
Rumrat said:
fishcakebreadcake said:
Naval_Gazer said:

Once again you have it exactly correct :lol: And I'm still barking and a dog to boot!
Sadly most Ley class ships are long since deceased except one or two that have been made into gin palaces.

Now you be careful replying to my posts, your not going to cause trouble again are you and get the thread locked or drafted.? :roll: :oops: :D

Rumrat said:
sussex2 said:
Rumrat said:
fishcakebreadcake said:
Naval_Gazer said:

Now you be careful replying to my posts, your not going to cause trouble again are you and get the thread locked or drafted.? :roll: :oops: :D

Moi? No, that would be pretentious.

Rumrat

War Hero
sussex2 said:
Rumrat said:
sussex2 said:
Rumrat said:
fishcakebreadcake said:
Naval_Gazer said:

Moi? No, that would be pretentious.

Time to get pretentious, I have just imortalised you in my song.
You will get knighted,.......or is that knotted? ....my spelling??? :D :D :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil Mail: "RM Chiefs Spark Fury By Offering £10,000 'Golden Hello' Payments To Former Commandos To Rejoin" The Corps 15
P Hello everyone, I’m a new member seeking help on Verbal test Joining the Royal Navy 12
Richbomber Submariner Golden Hello £15k Submariners 12
C hello guys i was wondering....... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
Njs71 Saying hello... RFA 10
soleil Hello Magazine: "Prince Philip's Birthday To Get Extraordinary Treatment" The Corps 19
BillyNoMates Hello 2014 Diamond Lil's 12
J Hello and HMS Tiptoe Submariners 14
W Hello .. my name Dick Chaytor and i am trying to find anyone who were class mates of Blogs 31
BillyNoMates Hello The Gash Barge 8
N Hello and Thank You!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
K Submariner 'Golden Hello' Submariners 3
S Security clearance and hello :) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
W hello guys and girls Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Rachelthree Hello.... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
B Hello from Torpoint Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
G Golden Hello Submariners 4
A Hello all you submariners :) Submariners 8
S Golden hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
W Hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
P In-service degrees/training opps; hello! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
soleil Gdn: "'Hello Mum, I'm On Rockall': The £100bn Piece Of Rock" Current Affairs 28
P Hello everyone, my son is starting basic training. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
howfen_lad Hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 43
otherguy just a hello really Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
M Hello Everybody Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
wet_blobby Hello Perce Diamond Lil's 12
G Hello there.. The Corps 5
P Hello Everyone! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Andy_Cap Hello There Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
F Quick Hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
E Hello!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
D Hello all! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
D Hello. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Topaz Hello The Quarterdeck 8