Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Paul1988, Jun 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone, I’m Paul, 21 years old from North East England. I have just finished University where I did a degree in Accounting and Finance. In the last couple of months I've had a good think about what I really want to be doing in life and I don't think it’s sat behind a desk working 9-5 so I have applied to be a Logistics Officer in the Navy. I have my psychometric test next Wednesday so I need to get some practice for that. Then hopefully if I get the right score I can start making some progress!

Look forward to speaking to some of you guys anyways!

2. Welcome to RR buddy and best of luck at the RT. Bet you are glad to have Uni done with. 1st year is great, 2nd year is interesting and 3rd year... well thats just cruel. Or maybe my Uni was actually a concentration camp. Who knows.

Best wishes

S_C

3. Best of luck in the RT. Practise doing the RT against the clock, that is the most important thing is getting it done quick enough. :) You certainly wont have a 9-5 job in the navy, good choice an exciting career awaits! :D

Holli

4. Thanks for the advice :)

Im deffinately glad uni is over! Mine was more boring than anything!

Aswell, if I pass the RT and then get all the forms and eye test sorted, does anyone know how long it takes to get the Officers interview sorted and then the AIB? I'm too excited now!

Paul.

5. Suggest Sift Interview in July, AIB in October.

6. This thread has really reminded me that it is IMPOSSIBLE to beat Sol to welcoming a newbie. Must be a built in 6th sense of some kind

7. Word of warning though, Logistics is a popular branch, therefore you have to be sh*t-hot at AIB to stand a chance of getting a BRNC place anytime soon (if you don't get a BRNC place within 3 intakes, you have to re-do AIB again), plus being male, you stand a strong chance of getting appointed to submarines potentially.

Just a heads up :)

Plus the lovely Sol is a veritable fountain of knowledge and patience :D