Hello Everybody

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mynameissam, Jul 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just wanted to say hi to everyone

I passed my psychometric test last week and i am applying for CIS although i have quite a lengthy wait.

If any of you who are currently serving or have served as a CIS or in the warfare branch it would be greatly appreciated if you had any information about the job/branch you could share with me.

Cheers

Sam

2. Hey welcome to RR :)

I passed all my tests ect.. for CIS in dec/january!

Good luck :)

3. Hi Sam,

I spent 24 years as a communicator. Some things have changed, but you can expect to spend a lot of time both at sea and ashore watchkeeping (Shift working). Your primary role at sea is to maintain all communications links with the UK and other ships/units around using all types of electronic communications. You will also make sure that the onboard communal computer systems are available for users to use. If you enjoying using computer systems then you will probably enjoy this role.

The best thing you can do is once you have passed the Medical is apply (Through your own careers advisor) for a rating preparation course down at HMS Collingwood. During this course you will get a chance to chat to current Comms staff and trainees.

Best of luck

SM

:)

4. Hello,

Best of luck. 8)