hello ankle Opp

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Captainfen, Sep 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello people i have had a Ankle Opperation a year ago will i still be allowed in or will it be a Bar ..???? :whew:
  2. What did they do in the Ankle opp mate?
  3. took a Bone out haha
  4. How many bones is there in an ankle like?
  5. Only the AFCO Doc can say, get yourself down there and see.
  6. Being a little more specific would help.
  7. Why, are you a Doctor?
    Does your puter have a magic crystal ball that allows you to beam into Captain Fens puter den and X-Ray his ankle for an on the spot diagnosis?
    I suspect the answers to my questions are NO .
    The only person qualified is the Doctor at his local AFCO.
  8. Christ NZ, wake up with a boot up your ass?

I ask, as ive had two OP's on my ankle before, and have spoken at length to the AFCO Doctor about it.

So, dont ******* assume that everyone here is just writing random crap in order to 'appear' as if they want to help, when in fact they can offer often invluable information!
  9. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

TA p,
    Not getting touchy again are we Deary?
  10. :thumright:

What NZB wrote is spot on, even Angrydoc would give the same advice.

Aaron p, there is no advice anyone can give him apart from visit your AFCO, as only a service doc can answer any medical questions.

I was told that due to my medical discharge in 2002 that I couldn't re-enter, however the doc at the AFCO gave me the all clear, and I am waiting for a re-entry date. :farao:

So Just get down to the AFCO and ask, you will never know without asking
  11. A lot of anger on this thread!

In answer to the question - strongly echo NZB's and Wingnut's comments on heading to the AFCO. I can give opinion based on knowing the regs and being a serving MO but ultimately the decision is not mine.

It's hard to say how many bones are in the ankle joint, as there is more than one joint. I suspect the CaptainFen had a part of bone removed rather than an entire bone. When this operation occurred is also important. In general, as long as the joint is now normal (ie full range of movement and no symptoms at all, ever, and no metalwork still in situ) then there shouldn't be a problem. Metalwork is a bit trickier as it depends what is in there. I would not be surprised if the AFCO Medical Advisor deferred opinion to a Service Consultant in Orthopaedic Surgery if there was any doubt at all.
  12. No boot anywhere up me.
    So you think passing on 2nd hand information that applies to YOU is invaluable.
    I think you're a C0ck, quess which of us is probably right?
  13. Awesome addition to this thread NZ, bravo. Just noticed you're a MOD too, thats quite funny, there's quite a contrast between the different MODs on this forum and their posting ability.
  14. I noticed some time ago that you are a gobshite sprog. There's quite a contrast between the different children on this forum, but not in respect to their ability to post on topics they know little about.
  15. Thanks for that, I'll put your critique in my special file that I open when I'm feeling blue and need a lift. 10 out of 10 for your observational skills too.
    The contrast in MODing is down to the fact that most MODS on here are matelots or Ex matelots and therefore have a shred or two of human decency. I'm an Ex Royal so couldn't give a shoite for some wannabes feelings.
    Find that harsh? Phone the Samaritans they might give one.
  16. tiddlyoggy

Had a couple of days away. I see I was right, TAp is getting p*ssy again, just took a bit longer this time. You're going to make a great orifice young fella.
  17. You replied to the thread simply to add that? I'll take that as a compliment i guess.

18. tiddlyoggy

T A P,
    "I'll take that as a compliment i guess."
    Don't, it wasn't intended as one.
  19. Yea, i didnt, im just humouring the trolls. Oh wait..
  20. tiddlyoggy

22 and a half years service mate. When you're anywhere close to that you can start gobbing off. Troll? Again you live up to the reputation you've established on here on here as an arrogant p***k.