Hello all.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Virago, Apr 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone, you've guessed it, I'm new.

Joined the RN in 1946 at Shotley (Ganges), and yes, I'm now well into the second half of my 70s. I believe we're called Silver Surfers, except I'm not yet silver, half bald yes, but not silver.

I have a confession to make, I've been lurking for months, it wasn't until yesterday evening that I decided to take the plunge. I feel kinda glad I did now, but please be patient until I get my feet under the table.

As part of the joining routine, some of my history:
    Shotley Signal Boy - Official number C/JX661*** - Chatham rating - HMS Virago, 3rd DF Med. - HMS Franklin, Survey ship operating out of Sheerness - Royal Naval Rhine Flotilla (HMS Royal Prince) - HMS Berry Head - HMS Wiay - HMS Constance, 8th DS Far East - Various stints RNB Chatham, Reserve Fleet Sheerness, Signal Schools at Cookham Camp and St. Mary's, Shooting for Nore Command at Bisley etc..

Now I really must get on with the joining routine. Has anyone get any idea where they're doing the kit musters?

I'd like to go into the chat room at some stage and just sit in the corner to see what goes on, and how to do it.

Thanks for listening to me, off to make a cup of kye.

2. welcome Ron, there is a special place on the site for people who went to the G spot but I am not party to it!

We should love to see you in the chat room some time, and if it gets too scary you come and sit next to us ladies and we will look after you.
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

A very big welcome to you sir, I doff my beret to you. Kit musters, will take place on the bridge roof during full power trials, as was ever the case.
  4. Hi there Virago...welcome and don't , don't go in the chat room!! girls will eat you alive!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  5. Excuse me, I am not a girl I am a lady.
  6. Got a beard??? 8O 8O :lol: :lol: ouch!
  7. I am suree AAC will give you a grand welcome as well Virago!
  8. Do you want to be elected an Honorary G Boy then Rosie? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What would the PO Stoker say??!! 8O 8O :D
  9. Virago*, welcome aboard this virtual pusser's war canoe, with not a sane member in sight (you can come out of hiding now Maxi). Be warned, mere mention of, er, the G Place brings out the youngsters (like Rosie) in spots and some start foaming at the mouth, afraid that TROGS will scare off their inferior rivals from the Raleigh Place. Henceforth refer to it as the G Spot! :twisted: :lol:

I'm the nutter called AAC - a lifelong civvy with a fascination in all things G Spot! Sad ain't it? :roll: :wink: :D

*I thought Virago was the name of a feminist publishing company? :? :? :?
  10. Told you so!!!!LOL
  11. i'm a girl :lol: :lol: :lol:
  12. I know mate. What do you expect? Incidentally have you seen the latest additions to the G Spot photos Andy?
  13. But you told me that you joined as Boy Seaman Hussey... go on admit it, you has a sex change last year! :wink: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: